Learn How to Export Birthdays from Facebook to Outlook
Nowadays Microsoft Outlook is used by most of the people across the globe. As it provides users to manage their data in the proper way. Microsoft Outlook is also used to create the calendar for the business meeting, appointments or for personal use also. One can also add the Birthdays from Facebook to Outlook as a ‘live’ Internet Calendar. Due to hectic schedule many people, are not able to access Facebook on daily basis. So, in this type of situation one may forget to wish birthday to someone special or important person like a business partner, friend etc. Thus, the best way is to export birthdays from Facebook to Outlook. So, in this post, a reliable and efficient way is discussed to export birthdays from Facebook to Outlook.
Steps to Export Birthdays from Facebook to Outlook
The export process is divided into two steps that are:
- Add Facebook Calendar as an Internet Calendar
- Import Facebook Birthdays to Outlook
Step 1: Add Facebook Calendar as an Internet Calendar
- First, you have to Login to Facebook and then expand on Favorites section and click on the Events link
- Now, click on the Upcoming Events or Birthdays link to open the Internet Calendar
- When you are prompted then the website may open Outlook for this click Allow
- Now, in Outlook a dialogue box that will prompt you to confirm to add the Internet Calendar to Outlook.
- To get some additional option, you can click on Advanced or you can directly select Yes option
Note: Any new, deleted or modified Birthdays and Events will automatically sync with Outlook.
Step 2: Import Facebook Birthday to Outlook
- First, you have to right-click on the Upcoming Events or Birthdays link and select Copy shortcut
- Now, in the address bar of your Internet browser paste the address
- You have to replace ‘webcal’ with ‘https’ at the beginning of the address
- Now, your URL will look like this:
- Press Enter and choose Save to save the ics-file to the desired location when prompted
- Open the Import Wizard, in Outlook
In Outlook 2003 and Outlook 2007: Click on File and then click on Import and Export
In Outlook 2010: Click on File and then click on Open and then Import
In Outlook 2013: Click on File and then click on Open and Export and finally click on Import/Export
- Now, select Import iCalendar (.ics) or vCalendar (.vcs)
- Browse the ICS file saved earlier and click on the OK button
- When the options appear whether to open this calendar as a new calendar or to import it, select Import option
- Now, in just a few seconds import process will be completed.
Learn Method to import ICS to Office 365 account using easy steps and get all internet calendar data to Office 365 cloud.
It is very important to manage all your events like birthdays at one place. And Outlook is perfect, as it acts as a personal information manager. By using Outlook you will be able to manage all the event even in the busy and hectic schedule. In this post, a simple and reliable way is discussed using which one can export birthdays from Facebook to Outlook. So, by performing the above-stated steps one can easily export birthdays from Facebook to Outlook in a hassle-free way.