Introduction To Office 365 & It’s Exceptional Features
INTRODUCTION TO OFFICE 365
This post is to give you an introduction to Office 365, benefits of O365 Office suite, Office 365 services and much more. It is a cloud application suite by tech giant Microsoft. It provides various services and applications to its subscribers. It is based on the concept of cloud computing and provides Software as a Service. In SaaS cloud service, all the software that are provided will be hosted, installed and maintained in the cloud.
Microsoft offers various Office 365 subscription packages which are aimed at providing service to the wide range of users & market needs (corporate, home or education).
Microsoft O365 is a subscription package that contains applications like Office Online, Exchange Online, Sharepoint Online, Lync Online and Yammer.
Let’s discover the importance and features of O365 Office suite.
BENEFITS OF OFFICE 365
After a brief introduction to Office 365, let us discuss the benefits of Office 365 in details.
1. Easily Accessible from Anywhere: Office 365 applications & services can be accessed from anywhere provided you have internet access.
2. Automatic Updates of Software: Up-to-date & ready-to-use software are provided by the cloud itself to its users.
3. Prevents Digital Data Disaster: Data is backed up on the cloud which prevents digital data disaster.
4. Ensures Security: Every Office 365 user gets a unique username & password to authenticate their user account.
5. Reduces Expenses: It reduces hardware cost as well as the cost of purchasing/ updating the software. You pay to subscribe the tools & services only as per your requirements.
OFFICE 365 SERVICES & TOOLS
As discussed earlier in introduction to Office 365 section, the O365 services & tools are as follows:
Although Office Online is similar to the desktop MS Office suite, but the difference between the two is that Office Online is provided over the internet to the users. It makes it easier for you to create, modify, collaborate & share data with others.
The apps provided in Office Online are:
– Word Online: Create, edit, collaborate & share your word documents or files from anywhere.
– Excel Online: Analyze and organize your data in Excel spreadsheets & workbooks.
– PowerPoint Online: Create presentations and take help from your team from anywhere on the same presentation at the same time.
– OneNote Online: Helps you in information gathering and multi-user collaboration. Users can make handwritten or typed notes, drawings, screenshots, videos, and audios. These notes can be shared with other OneNote users.
– Sway: Helps you to create & share reports, newsletters, presentations and personal stories. You can share and interact with your team with interactive contents.
– Mail: You can stay connected to your emails & take control of your emails. You get OWA (Outlook Web Access) which is similar to Outlook.
– People: Allows you to stay connected to your contacts from Skype, Facebook & much more.
– Calendar: Helps you to Invite, set reminders and track RSVP to manage your schedule.
– OneDrive: Save your photos, videos, documents, spreadsheets, etc and access them from anywhere.
– Docs.com: Share your documents (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, Sway & PDF) for free. You can upload the documents from Computer, OneDrive or Sway.
Exchange Online is an application that provides centralized control for all the mailboxes in your organization. Moreover, it allows you to set security, set mail policy, filter spams & malware etc. In addition, it also has data loss prevention capabilities.
SharePoint Online is a web application that helps you modernize your on-premises infrastructure. Therefore, you can either create team sites or portals to share, discover and collaborate on content with your team inside and outside your organization from anywhere.
Lync Online and Yammer:
Lync Online helps you to interact with your team via instant messaging, Voice over Internet Protocol, Video conferencing and much more. It also helps you to connect to your team from anywhere and at any time. Whereas, Yammer is an enterprise-based social networking service that helps to interact & connect privately with an organization.
Since this blog on the introduction of Office 365 and its feature, has come to an end; let us take a summary of what we learned. We learned about the introduction to O365 Office Suite, benefits of Office 365, O365 services & tools. In conclusion, to this blog, we can infer that the users who need to create, modify, access, and collaborate their data from multiple locations should give O365 a try.