Lotus Notes Migration to Office 365 – Complete Step By Step Guide
If you are planning to perform Lotus Notes migration to Office 365. Then, folks, you have indeed reached the right place. Through this write-up, we are going to draw your attention to the best practices to transfer single or multiple NSF mailboxes to the desired Office 365 user mailbox.
Undoubtedly, Microsoft Office 365 has become a dominant cloud-based suite providing versatile features to seamlessly manage emails and other mailboxes. With every passing day, Lotus Notes users are switching to some emerging email platforms like Office 365. There are various advantages of using MS Office 365 over IBM Notes. Some of them include Office 365 acquires less RAM space in comparison with Lotus Notes and O365 renders a simplified user interface with upgraded enterprise-oriented features.
Users can avail of Office 365 in an affordable price range, which requires less maintenance cost, unlike Lotus Notes. Considering all these benefits induced in Office 365, most of the IBM Notes users demand availing the same. Therefore, there arises a need to implement Lotus Notes migration to Office 365, which enables to access NSF mailboxes swiftly in the O365 application.
Proven Method to Perform Lotus Notes Migration to Office 365
It is a matter of fact that the manual method is pretty much time-consuming and troublesome. Hence, it is recommended to choose a trustworthy third-party tool, which is the best alternative to the manual approach. SysTools Lotus Notes to Office 365 Migrator is a result-driven software, which provides migration results with 100% precision.
Users need not have to worry about any data loss or data inconsistency issues as Lotus Notes migration to Office 365he software ensures the preservation of the entire metadata properties. It can efficiently migrate entire IBM Notes data items, which includes emails, contacts, and calendars to the destination MS Office 365 account.
Software Steps for IBM Lotus Notes to Office 365 Migration
Step 1. Download & Launch the software on your PC. Select Lotus Notes as the source and Office 365 as the destination.
Step 2. Select all the required mailbox items that you want to migrate to Office 365 such as emails, contacts, calendars, etc. Apply the given date filter for selective data migration
Step 3. Login using the source Admin Email and Lotus Notes Client Password and add NSF files as shown below. And click on validate button to validate the required permissions.
Step 4. Log in using the destination Office 365 admin account credentials and validate permissions.
Step 5. Create user mapping for bulk migration and click on the start migration button to perform IBM Lotus Notes to Office 365 migration.
Also Read: How to Import PST to Office 365 Without Duplicates Stepwise Solution
Here are the Benefits of Using SysTools Lotus Notes to O365 Software:
- Migrate single or multiple Lotus Notes mailboxes to Office 365
- Provides selective NSF data items migration from the Workload section
- Avail Date-filter option to transfer the desired data on the basis of the date range
- Offers multiple Re-run migration options i.e., Retry Failed Items, Re-run Full Migration & Delta Migration
- Admin credentials are required to perform Lotus Notes migration to Office 365
- Swiftly map user accounts using Fetch Users & Import Users option
- Option to set priority to the user mailboxes as per one’s preference
- Migrate mailboxes in batch using the Concurrent migration option
- One can halt the ongoing data migration via the Stop Migration option
How to Export NSF Emails to Office 365 Manually?
Go through the below-listed steps to perform Lotus Notes to Office 365 data migration using the IMAP connector.
#1: Create Backup
Make sure to create NSF files backup as executing this approach may lead to data loss issues. Thus, it is suggested to take a backup of Lotus Notes files
#2: Create New Mailboxes
In this step, you need to create new mailboxes for each Lotus Notes mailboxes for Lotus Notes migration to Office 365 process.
#3: Enable IMAP
- Go to Domino Administration>> Configuration>> open server document to implement IMAP configuration.
- Now, enable the default TCP/IP port and change the port values
- Make sure to set it as Enable in the provided fields located at the right of the Mail IMAP column.
- At last, click Save >> Close>> Exit button.
#4: Connect to IMAP connector
In this step, make sure to synchronize Lotus Notes mailboxes with Office 365 using the IMAP connector.
Why Does the Manual Approach Fail?
Listed below are some of the limitations imposed by the native workaround.
- Need to invest a sufficient amount of time because of its time-consuming nature
- Users must be technically sound to perform the manual approach
- Make sure that the company firewall is not blocking the migration process using the IMAP connector
- To perform Lotus Notes migration to Office 365, the NSF file should not be longer than 1 GB
- One needs to migrate the Lotus Notes calendar entries manually
Must Read: Best Way to Backup Office 365 Emails Locally In Few Clicks
With the attractive result-oriented features integrated into O365, often users want to perform Lotus Notes migration to Office 365. Thus, we have highlighted the proven methodologies in this write-up. Using this, users can efficiently transfer files from IBM Notes to Office 365.