Google Drive is widely used among various personal users, in school admins, etc. to store their essential data on the cloud platform, as it provides security. Every new Google Drive account comes with a free 15GB storage which can be expanded on a paid basis. However, there are times when you run out of space or face other situations that may lead to the transfer Google Drive files to another account.
Users who are looking for a solution to transfer Google Drive documents to another account, just have to follow the below-mentioned steps in a sequential manner. There are 2 solutions to the query. Initially, we have included a manual solution. Following to which is an automated solution that is considered as the most reliable approach.
1. Initially, log in to your primary Gmail account to begin the migration procedure.
2. Select the required documents that have to be transferred. You can select all the listed documents as well.
3. A new dialog box will appear after clicking on the blue pull down.
4. Mention your mail address and click on Is Owner permission option.
5. Lastly, all your selected documents are transferred to your secondary Google Drive account.
Another manual method to transfer Google Drive files to another account is there. Users who have difficulty in performing the above-mentioned can go for this solution. Have a look!
Perform the first 4 steps of Method 1 in the same manner.
1. After all the files are successfully downloaded and transferred to a local folder, log in to your secondary Gmail account.
2. Select New >> Upload File(s) / Folder >> and select the files from the folder.
Now, let us have a quick glance at a user query,
My Google account is running short on free storage space provided as it is almost approaching to 15 GB. This is because it has been a long time since I have started using Gmail account. As a result I have a lot of important files, documents which I have to transfer to another account as soon as possible. Could someone please suggest me with some solution to transfer Google Drive files to another account?
If you are a technical rich user, then this method is for you. But, your important data could be at stake. Follow the steps carefully and ignore any chance of having an error, as it will lead to complete data loss.
1. The first step is to create a new folder in the directory and provide it with some name.
2. Select all the files and transfer those selected files into the new folder.
3. Now, right-click on the newly created folder, and select the Download option.
4. Compress all the files into a downloadable ZIP file before the downloading process begins.
Note: The downloading time is directly dependent upon the size of the folder.
1. Move to the location where you have downloaded the ZIP file.
2. The second step is to log in to your secondary Google Drive account
3. Go to the settings menu by clicking on the top right corner button. Select General Options
4. Select the data from the folder in Google Drive and drag it to the folder.
The process should be performed individually to transfer documents to another account only, which is time-consuming. Therefore, the user must spend a certain amount of time to transfer Google Drive files to another account. In addition, the user must be technically qualified to complete these steps. Otherwise, the user may encounter counterparts while moving Google Drive folder to another account.
There is always a solution to every problem only if you are curious enough to find it. If the manual solution of transferring Google Drive data to another account disappoints you then, don’t worry. Don’t waste your precious time on it rather choose a reliable third-party solution like Google Drive Migrator tool. This tool is completely safe and ensures secure data transfer between the Drives. It is developed with multiple prime functionalities like delta and concurrent migration, pause and stop option, help feature, etc. Apart from this, it comes with an extremely simple GUI and a demo version for better understanding.
Also read: Know the most simplest solution to migrate data from Google Drive to OneDrive account.
Google Drive has become the boon for every cloud storage users to sore the useful data as it can be accessed anywhere, anytime. Due to the limitation offered by the manual methods, it is advisable to choose the Google Drive migration tool, which goes beyond all the manual restrictions that users encounter in a trouble-free manner.