AOL to Gmail Migration – Export/ Transfer America Online Mail Folders
Switching from one email account to another email account is getting a big challenge now and it seems more difficult when one has to migrate to a Gmail account from another account. In this article, we will discuss AOL to Gmail migration. A Gmail plug-in can be added into AOL Mail in order to preview the inbox there. If someone wants to switch from AOL mail to Gmail easily with all the messages, contacts and even the folders then they have landed on the right article.
Let’s discuss and make this task a bit easy to copy/ migrate AOL folders to Gmail e-mail account. One can easily migrate the address book also.
Table of Contents
User Queries on Import/ Move AOL Mail to Gmail
The following are the questions asked by the America Online users regarding AOL to Gmail migration. Let’s explore the user concerns in the section below.
“We are planning to bulk transfer AOL email account to Gmail accounts. Please suggest us the ways to perform this task manually or using any tool.”
“I am working in an MNC which is has been using AOL for years. We wish to discontinue using it. Any suggestions on how to transfer AOL email folders to Gmail?”
“I have been using America Online mailing service since 2009. I find Google Mail more promising & hassle-free as compared to AOL. Please tell me how to switch from AOL to Gmail easily in less time without much labor!!”
Note: Get amazing AOL Mail Backup Tool to Archive AOL Mails to PST/ MBOX/ EML/ MSG file format. Download the trail version of AOL Backup and save AOL emails to hard drive easily.
Why Go for AOL to Gmail Migration?
- Lots and lots of advertisements which interrupt the work.
- Customer service is not as good as that of Gmail.
- The user interface is very crowded, there are too many buttons and other junk options on the screen.
- The users have sued America Online many times because of their improper billing system.
Best Way to Switch from AOL to Gmail
To skip over the various limitations of the manual methods, we have top-notch IMAP to G Suite migration software. Not only is this tool the fastest way to make the transition, but it is also the easiest as well. This is due to the fact that it conjures up a unique package that is a combination of both powerful algorithms and a user-friendly interface.
Moreover, the easy-to-understand UI makes it accessible to any user, whether or not they belong to a core technical field. Some of the most well-appreciated features of the tool are
- No hidden subscription fees the entire tool is available with a single purchase.
- Inbox, Sent Items, Drafts, etc can be shifted with just a few clicks.
- Get 24×7 support for all AOL to Gmail migration queries.
- Gain access to both summarized and detailed reports.
- Advanced date filtering and user selection methods.
- Shift up to 20 users with their data all at once.
Expert Instructions for Automated AOL to Gmail Migration
Step 1. Install the utility on your local machine, fire up the program, and then select the IMAP server as the source and G Suite as the target.
Step 2. Visit the Workload section and mark the box beside emails. For users, there is also an option to apply a Date Filter.
Step 3. Within the Source section on the left side menu, choose Other in the IMAP server area, then type the rest of the details when prompted by the tool.
Step 4. Validate the admin-level details of your G Suite account and then press the Next button.
Step 5. Then add users in bulk via the Import mechanism or Download a premade CSV template to edit and reupload.
Step 6. Preview users, select all or choose specific ones, apply priority by pressing the star icon next to the user, validate, and then hit Start Migration.
Mail Fetcher Technique
Mail Fetcher is a free feature that downloads email messages from five different email accounts having POP access.
You can set this feature by using the following steps:
- Set up Mail Fetcher in Gmail account.
- Click on the gear icon and select Settings.
- Go to the Accounts and Import tab.
- Go to the option Check mail using POP3 section and click on Add POP3 Email Account.
- Enter the email address of the account to access and click on the Next Step.
- Gmail will check with AOL server the correct server name and port.
- Enter password.
- Check or uncheck some more settings:
→ Leave a copy of retrieved messages on the server
→ Always use a secure connection (SSL) when retrieving mail
→ Label incoming messages
→ Archive incoming messages
- Click on Add Account.
- When the account is added successfully, there will be an option of setting it as a custom From address. It allows you to compose messages in Gmail, but have them appear to be sent from your original AOL email account.
Transfer AOL to Gmail through the Manual Import Option
You can export AOL to Gmail by following the steps given below.
Step 1. Sign in to the Gmail account.
Step 2. On the top right corner, click on the gear icon or the “Settings” menu.
Step 3. Click on “Select all settings” to open the Settings page.
Step 4. Go to the ”Accounts and Import” tab.
Step 5. Click on the “Import mail and contacts” link; this will open up the Import window.
Step 6. To transfer AOL emails to Gmail, type in the original email address and hit continue.
Step 7. On the next screen, you need to put in your AOL password and then press continue.
Step 8. Don’t forget to mark the box next to Import contacts and Import mail.
Step 9. Double-check the settings once more and hit Start Export.
Step 10. Once the import is completed, press the OK button to confirm.
Limitations in Switching from AOL to Gmail Manually
- Users who need to transfer their Deleted, Drafts and Spam Folder first have to shift them into their primary mailbox and then start the migration.
- Bulk user transfer cannot be done via this method.
- The AOL to Gmail migration using the above method can take up a lot of time.
- There is a possibility that folder structure and permissions may fail to replicate in the new environment.
Also Read: Steps to Solve Google Workspace Migration Failure Issue
Auto Forward Email to Gmail from AOL
This is not a solution but can be applied to answer the user query “Can I transfer my AOL mail to Gmail“. Like call forwarding users have the option to enable mail forwarding as well.
- Log in to AOL mail. Set the option automatic forwarding process to the Gmail account and that will automatically redirect all AOL emails to your Gmail.
- Go to the Settings and select settings again.
- Click on Accounts and Import tab.
- Choose the option to add a POP3 mail account which is located next to the Check mail using POP3 section.
- Enter an AOL address in the Email address box and click Next.
- Type the AOL username and password. You can also apply a label to all email messages from an AOL address.
- Now, Click on Add Account.
- Choose the option if you want to reply with the AOL address from the Gmail account itself and click Next.
- Click on Send Verification.
- Go to AOL Inbox and open the email from Google.
- Now, copy the verification code from the email and paste it into the verification code box.
- Click on Verify.
After getting to know about AOL and Gmail services, at last, it can be concluded that it is preferable to transfer AOL to Gmail account. The AOL to Gmail migration can be done using various methods which are discussed in this article. Among the various methods, the experts recommend the use of the automated utility.