Connect Hostinger Domain to Office 365 with Email Configuration
Hostinger is a renowned name with years of experience in domain registry-related services. However, the lack of additional business tools and questionable customer service push users to ask how to connect Hostinger domain to Office 365.
Moreover, a successful transfer to the Office 365 environment also gives access to a vast array of other productivity tools like Teams, Onedrive, etc. Therefore, we have prepared this tutorial to explain the ins and outs of the entire procedure and provide a helping hand every step of the way. Let’s begin by understanding the reasons for changing the webmail host.
Reasons to Setup Hostinger Email On Outlook
There are quite a few limitations of the Hostinger service they are as follows:
Unreliable Email Uptime: The core aspect of any email service is its availability. However, due to some past incidents, customers have experienced degraded performance issues with Hostinger. It resulted in many of them deciding to outright transfer their webmail to another account like Outlook.
Shaky Customer Support: All customers expect their pleas to be heard if they encounter any problem while using a product that they purchased. Therefore, the lack of a proper customer support mechanism within Hostinger, makes the user switch or connect Hostinger domain to Office 365.
Lack of Features: Hostinger has a limited set of tools which means apart from domain hosting and webmail it has hardly any other features. This means that companies that require other productivity tools must purchase them from vendors like Microsoft. Therefore, it’s better to completely migrate all data in one place to get greater compatibility, and thus users configure Hostinger mail in Outlook.
Read More: Easy Answers for How to Migrate Mailbox from On-Premise to Office 365 in Multiple Ways
Now that we know why we need to transfer, it is also important to understand that two different scenarios exist one where the domain is new and the other where the domain is already in use. So, it’s time to start with the first scenario of domain addition where no users are present.
How to Connect Hostinger Domain to Office 365 Without Users
In this case, we simply update the MX record to point towards Outlook instead of Hostinger the steps to do that are as follows:
- To access the admin center in Microsoft 365, sign in and select Admin from the Apps menu.
- From there, choose Setup.
- When Connect your domain page appears, opt for “I’ll manage my own DNS records”. If you don’t have any existing website or DNS records, you can choose ”Set up my online services for me” instead.
- Click Next to configure Hostinger mail in Outlook.
- On the Choose your online services page, select the online services you’d like to set up by ticking the respective checkboxes, then click Next.
- On the Add DNS Records page, you’ll see the DNS hosting provider and all the DNS records that require updating.
- Click the step-by-step instructions link, then select Add an MX record to route email in the article and add the MX records.
- Once you’ve added all the DNS records, go back to Microsoft 365 and select Verify.
This completes the first stage to change the domain. Now we have to delete it from the original location to avoid email clashing.
- Login to your Hostinger Admin account
- Locate and visit the Domains section
- Select the option Manage, which is next to the domain which was transferred
- Access the Nameservers area from the left-hand menu
- Look through the page or use the search bar to locate the MX records you want to remove
- Next to each record, you’ll find options to Delete, click on it.
Domains already in use have a set of users attached to them. The involvement of user data adds another layer of complexity that needs to be resolved as well. Worry not as we break down the process into stages for easier understanding.
How to add Hostinger Email to Outlook When Users are Present
As mentioned earlier we are going to perform this task in multiple stages to minimize errors and reduce time taken. Here is a summary of what we are about to do.
- Create users at the destination: This involves everything from purchasing licenses, assigning permissions, and giving access to services.
- Perform domain-to-domain migration: It can be done manually, but to make the job easier we introduce a market-leading data migration.
- Make changes to the MX record: this is similar to the no-user case. Involving both attaching MX records at the destination and removing them from the source.
- Do a Delta Migration: As the migration process is not instantaneous there are chances that during migration some additional emails will arrive during it. Therefore, we also need to perform a delta or cleanup migration.
Read More: How to Connect GoDaddy Domain to G Suite Via A Guided Tutorial
Stage 1 – Create New Users in Office 365
The starting steps to connect Hostinger domain to Office 365 are as follows:
- Use the Admin Credentials to sign in to Microsoft 365 admin center.
- On the Users tab, select Add User.
- Fill in the user information for the person you want to add.
- Add up to 5 email addresses to send the new sign-in information to.
- Select Buy license and add a user.
Stage 2 – Transfer Data
- Find and Launch the Outlook Client on your System your computer
- In the top menu look for File, click on it the subsequently select Add Account option.
- Then, fill in your Hostinger account information and press the Connect button.
- Pick IMAP as the type and type the incoming and Outgoing server info.
- Put in the admin credentials of the Hostinger account to reflect the changes.
- Then navigate back to File, this time click on Open & Export, then hit Import/Export in Outlook.
- Select the Export to a File option and then click on the Next button.
- Pick Outlook Data File (.pst) option from the dropdown list.
- Select all the required folders from the connected account.
- Finally Browse the location to save your resultant data.
Alternative Method to Transfer Hostinger Domain Data to Office 365
If you don’t want to deal with the hassle of the manual method simply choose the Systools IMAP to Office 365 Migrator. It is the one-stop solution for all domain migration needs. The expert-recommended utility can easily configure Hostinger mail in Outlook. The steps to use the tool are given below.
Step-1. Download and Launch the tool on your system, then select IMAP(source) and Office 365(destination).
Step-2. Then, scroll toward the workload selection, mark the box next to emails, and apply a Date-filter if needed to connect Hostinger domain to Office 365.
Step-3. When the source tab opens choose the type as Other and enter the Server URL and Port Number then validate, and press Next.
Step-4. On the destination page, type the Admin email ID, service account detail, and add the certificate file, then validate & proceed by clicking Next.
Step-5. You can add users by either uploading a preexisting file or downloading the template present within the tool itself.
Step-6. Enter and validate the Source app password for user verification then click on Start Migration.
The tool comes with multiple advanced features like:
- Detailed report generation.
- Concurrent Migration capability.
- Multiple ways to add users.
- Workload and Date-Filter selection.
Stage 3 – Update the MX records
This is a repetition of the same process that we did when no users were involved. Follow those steps as mentioned above & connect Hostinger domain to Office 365.
Stage 4 – Delta Migration
If you have performed a manual migration there is no direct means to achieve the given task. You have to manually pick and transfer all the remaining / newly arrived data.
However, if you made the smart choice to go for the automated tool simply click the delta migration button and let the tool handle the rest.
With this, our discussion on how to Connect Hostinger domain to Office 365 comes to an end. We found that this complicated procedure has many steps all of which need to be performed with utmost accuracy. To ease up the complex task we have an automated tool at your disposal.