Quickly Download PST File From Office 365 – Export Exchange Online Safely
Summary: Do you want to download PST file from Office 365 cloud? Are you looking for a solution to export PST from Office 365? If yes, then read this article till the end and find out the step by step process to save your mailbox data into your system securely.
We know that Microsoft Office 365 is actually a Software as a services solution. Which basically includes Microsoft Office Suite and various other services. This application is important for small to medium-sized businesses. It provides a comprehensive set of software tools and services that help the user to perform Office documentation, communication, and management tasks. It includes various useful cloud-based online services such as Outlook 365, Exchange Online, SharePoint Online, Skype for a business server.
But the data of the Office 365 is stored in the cloud. We know that data stored in the cloud is not safe. In that situation, the user wants to download PST from Office 365 online to avoid data loss situations. Sometimes a user wants to transfer the data of Office 365 to some other desktop-based email clients such as Microsoft Outlook, so there is a need to export the data in Outlook PST file format. Let us understand the situation with the help of the scenario.
Are you facing the same issue? If your answer is Yes then you are on the exactly right solution page. In this article, we will discuss why the user wants to export PST from Office 365 online. And also We will discuss the Importance of taking the backup of the data in Microsoft-supported PST file format. Before going to the solution part let us first discuss the PST file format and why the user wants to backup Office 365 mailbox locally.
More about PST File Format- PST file stands for personal storage table file format used to store the mailbox items such as emails, contacts, and calendar events. Microsoft Outlook uses the PST file format to store the Mailbox data items.
Reasons Why User Wants To Download PST From Office 365 Online
Data is a vital part of every user. Hence it is important for Office 365 users to create a backup of this data. Here are a few reasons why users actually want to export PST files from Office 365 online.
1. To access the Office 365 data in some other email clients – Like someone who wants to access the data in a desktop-based Microsoft Outlook application. So, in that case, there is a need to know How to save the PST file from Office 365 account locally.
2. To Save the Office 365 account data from hacking issues – In order to save the data from hacking-related issues such as cloud ransomware attacks. Actually, Ransomware is a type of malware that basically targets businesses, Public agencies, or individual persons by means of digital extortion. So to download PST from Office 365 online is the best option. To avoid hacking-related issues.
3. Avoid accidental deletion or data loss situations– To avoid any data loss situations or in order to save the data from accidental deletion. The user can store the data in PST file format. This also must be the reason why the users want to save emails from Outlook Web App to Computer.
Manual Method to Download PST File from Office Online
The users have to add Office 365 account to a desktop-based Outlook application such as Outlook 2016 / 2013.
1. First of all the user has to add Office 365 email account to Outlook. After this, the Outlook application will automatically sync with the O365 account. The user will see Office 365 mailbox items in Outlook.
2. Now the user has to Export the data in PST file format. Follow certain steps to export the data in the PST file.
- At the top of the ribbon click on File.
- Select the Open / Export option and then choose Import/export
- Then select Export to a file
- Now click on Outlook data file (.PST) and click on Next. (Make sure you have to select the include subfolders option to export contacts, and Inbox items.
- Browse the location to save the (PST) file.
- Click on Finish.
Limitations of Manual Procedure to Download PST from Office 365 Online
The above-discussed manual method has some limitations. This method is difficult to perform for Non-technical users. It requires strong technical knowledge to perform this process. In case a user wants to download the selective data then this is not possible. And also this method takes a long time to download PST from Office 365 OWA.
Automated Solution to Export PST from Exchange Online
Here is an automated solution i.e. SysTools Office 365 Mailbox Backup Tool in a safe and secure way. The user can apply a date filter option to download the selective data. Moreover, this software comes with a self-explanatory and easy-to-use graphical user interface so that everyone can easily use this software with ease.
- Secure Tool to Export Office 365 Mailboxes to PST File
- Two Data Filters: Category Based and Date-Range
- Demo Version: Download for Free & Try All Features
- Utility to Import PST to Office 365 without Duplicates
- Option to Export Selected Folders instead of All of them
Follow the Certain Steps to Download PST from Office 365 Online
Step. 1 To initiate the backup process, download, install and run this software on your local computer. Select the source platform as Office 365 and the destination as Outlook.
Step. 2 Now select the desired mailbox item category from the below list provided in this software. You can also use the date filter for selective backup according to a date range and click on the next.
Step. 3 Use the Microsoft Office 365 Admin ID & Application ID to log in to this software and hit the validate button.
Step. 4 Define the destination file path for resultant PST files on your computer and proceed with the steps.
Step. 5 Now, select the preferred user mailbox from the given list and hit the start backup button. And the software will start backing up Office 365 mailbox to PST files.
Time to Conclude
There is no direct way to download PST from Office 365 online. So from the above write-up, We have explained how to export PST from Exchange Online easily. We have resolved this issue with the help of a manual as well as an automated solution. But the manual solution has some limitations like this is a very time-consuming method. To avoid any data loss situation the user can prefer the above-mentioned software solution. You can also download the trial version for free.
Can We restore our Outlook-created PST files through this tool?
No, this software only offers you to restore the tool-generated PST file into Outlook.
Is this utility allow users to work with mailboxes while backing up the process?
Yes, this is a smart-built tool that allows you to work on your mailboxes, while the backup process runs in the background without hampering the ongoing process. This makes it a one-stop solution to Download PST File From Office 365 safely.
Does this software help us to back up Office 365 Business Premium Account?
Yes, this utility is capable of backing up Office 365 business premium accounts and moreover, other plans well such as Business Essential, E1, E3, E5, A1, A3, A5, and F1.