The following blog lets user learn how to automatically forward emails from Office 365 to other external accounts or in other words, how to configure email forwarding in Office 365, how to disable mail forwarding in Office 365 and much more.
Nowadays, many organizations prefer to subscribe Office 365 for using Office applications on the cloud platform. Office 365 is equipped with number of features, which makes the user inclined towards it. Each account is associated with the emailing feature, which helps in easy mail transfer between the users. Office 365 provides a special feature “Email Forwarding” that allows to automatically forward emails from Office 365 to any email service. Users can easily configure the mailbox to forward emails by using the in-built feature of Office 365.
Some of the scenarios where mail forwarding feature is advantageous to the users are:
- Email Sharing– The user can use mail forwarding option to automatically forward email to a particular team leader or admin of the organization.
- Email Backup– Users can forward their emails from OWA to any other email account, which can be used to keep track of all the emails and can be used as backup in case of adverse situations or inaccessibility to Office 365 account.
Steps to Enable/ Set Mail Forwarding in Office 365
Email forwarding feature facilitates to automatically forward emails from Office 365 to other recipient. The recipient will be able to see the actual sender of the message, who has sent the original message.
The following steps demonstrate how to setup email forwarding in Office 365:
- Log in to the Outlook Web app.
- Select Mail option from the app launcher.
- Select Settings → Options and choose one of the following options:
– Accounts → Connected Accounts
– Mail → Accounts → Forwarding
- Depending upon the options, configure mail forwarding in the manner:
-Under the Forwarding option, enter the email address to whom the emails need to be forwarded automatically. Check or uncheck Keep Copy of Messages, according to the requirement.
-Under the Start Forwarding option, enter the email address of the recipient for configuring email forwarding. Check or uncheck the Keep Copy of Messages, depending on the requirement.
Setup Email Forwarding in Office 365 – Things You Should Know
- The Connected Account option should be used when the user needs to deliver the emails from his other account directly into Outlook Web App. However, Forwarding option should be used, when a user wants to forward the emails from Outlook Web App to some other email account.
- If the user has chosen an option to keep copy of forwarded emails, then the care must be taken that forwarded emails copy do not exceed the mailbox limit. If the limit is exceeded, then Office 365 would not be able to forward any new message.
How to Remove/ Disable Email Forwarding in Office 365?
The user might feel the necessity to stop the emails from being forwarded automatically. In that case, the we can disable/ turn off email forwarding.
The following steps need to be followed to disable email forwarding:
- Log in to Outlook Web app.
- Select Mail option from the app launcher.
- Under the settings option, choose any of the following:
-Options → Accounts → Forwarding
-Mail → Accounts → Forwarding
- Click on Stop Forwarding button.
The configured recipient will no longer be able to receive the automatically forwarded emails from your mailbox.
How to Change Mail Forwarding Settings
The email forwarding settings can be changed according to the requirement of the user. The user may bring the following changes in the mail forwarding process:
1. Change the email address of the recipient
2. Change the settings for keeping email copy
The following procedure must be carried out to change the forwarding settings:
- Sign in to Office 365 web app.
- Select Mail options from the app launcher.
- Select Settings → Options from the top of the page.
- Choose one of the following options:
–Account → Forwarding
–Mail → Accounts → Forwarding
- Under the prompt box, user can change the email settings in following ways:
-To change email address of the recipient, edit the email address in Forward my email to option.
-To change the option for keeping email copy, choose the check box accordingly.
- Click on Save to make the changes.
This blog has been written to make users understand about the very useful feature of Office 365 i.e. mail forwarding feature to forward the emails automatically to a particular email account. We learned how to configure email forwarding in Office 365 (how to automatically forward emails from Office 365), how to change the settings & also how to stop/ remove email forwarding.