How to Add Company Email Signatures in Office 365: Via A Guide
Summary: This write-up explains how to add company email signatures in Office 365. It supports HTML elements like tables, images, and font formatting like modern email signature solutions. Unlike Google Workspace (G Suite), it offers individual users the advantage of personalized signatures. Nevertheless, it lacks features such as inserting signatures beneath the latest reply/forward or previewing them in the user’s mailbox.
So, let’s start this article with an overview of the same.
Table of Contents
A Brief Look at How to Add Company Email Signatures in Office 365
An email signature, located at the email’s end, acts as a digital ID for the sender, conveying key information like professional email, contact details, logo, and website. Think of it as a virtual business card attached to emails, mirroring a physical one, offering comprehensive business information. Even when using email management tools like Outlook with an Office 365 account, you can include an email signature in your messages.
Email Signature Setup in Office 365
Here are the steps to make a new email signature within the M365 Admin portal in the context of how to add company email signatures in Office 365:
- Log in (Office 365 account) and click All Apps.
- Select Admin Option.
- Choose Exchange under Admin Centers.
- In Mail Flow, click Add (+) in rules.
- Opt for Apply Disclaimer.
- Create a new rule with a name.
- Apply to all messages and append a disclaimer.
- Input HTML or plain text.
- Set the ‘wrap’ option if needed.
- Choose ‘Enforce’ mode and save.
- Confirm the rule for future messages.
- The rule is now created.
As we learned above the steps of how to add company email signatures in Office 365. Besides if you need to create a personalized email signature within MS Outlook. So, here are the steps to follow:
- In Outlook, Go to File>>Options.
- In Mail, choose Signatures.
- Click New, name the signature, and click OK.
- Type info manually or use a business card.
- Add additional details.
- Finally, click OK.
How to Create Company-Wide Email Signatures in Office 365
As we saw above the steps for how to add company email signatures in Office 365. Additionally, there are many situations in which users need to create company-wide email signatures in Office 365. So, follow these procedures to establish a disclaimer that functions as an automated email signature for all users.
- Log in and go to ‘Mail flow’ > ‘Rules’.
- Click the ‘+’ icon and choose ‘Apply disclaimers’.
- Name the rule, e.g., “Company-wide Signature”.
- Select ‘Apply to all email messages’.
- Under ‘Do the following…’, pick ‘Append the disclaimer…’ and click ‘Enter text’.
- Input your HTML code/text for the signature.
- Personalize using user attributes like %%Name%% and click ‘OK’.
- Specify a fallback action under ‘Select one…’, and choose ‘Ignore’ to send without a signature.
- Keep other settings, then click ‘Save’.
Also read: Setup Archive Policy in Office 365
Challenges with Office 365 Email Signatures
Within this blog, we found all efficient solutions for the query of “how to add company email signatures in Office 365”. Moreover, in this part of the phase, we learn the consequences of email signatures, which the users need to be aware of:
- When Active Directory (AD) fields are blank, the signature will contain leading whitespace that remains in the signature.
- Email signatures of M365 users will be managed by the admin only.
- Instead of embedded images, you can use images as attachments in email signatures.
- You can’t include an email signature below a replied or forwarded message.
- A server-side email signature cannot appear in the user’s sent item folder.
- Users cannot exclude lines with variables that remain unmodifiable.
Besides this in many situations, users need to back up their emails to secure the crucial data. Additionally, there are no efficient conventional methods for the same. So, it is a big problem to back up the data, but don’t worry. Luckily, there is software which is SysTools’ Most Reliable Office 365 Backup & Restore Tool and it is advised even by professionals.
This tool allows you to download Office 365 Outlook mailboxes in bulk, including emails, contacts, calendars, and documents. Moreover, for a seamless user experience, it provides a “Date Filter” option for selective Office 365 mailbox Backup. Additionally, the tool can backup attachments also such as the cloud attachment whether in the form of documents or images.
Backing Up O365 Emails: Step-by-Step
To backup your crucial data efficiently, here are the steps of the above-mentioned software:
Step 1. Download and Launch the backup tool.
Step 2. Select “Office 365” as a source platform and “Outlook” as a destination platform.
Step 3. Select the categories that you want to back up from Office 365 under the Workload selection.
Step 4. By using the date filter option, you can back up selective data. Click on Next.
Step 5. After that, enter the Admin email ID & Application ID of the Source platform & then click on the Validate button.
Step 6. Then, browse the backup folder path to set the destination where the PST file will be saved.
Step 7. For mapping task software provides three options: Fetch Users, Import Users, and Download Template.
Step 8. Lastly, click on the Start Backup button.
Additional resource: Remove Domain From Office 365
In this comprehensive article, we discussed the query that is frequently asked by users i.e. how to add company email signatures in Office 365. Besides, we covered related topics which as creating a personalized email signature within MS Outlook and how to create company-wide email signatures in Office 365.
So, we learned all reliable solutions for these queries. Furthermore, if users need to back up their emails, you can use backup software to safeguard the data, which is also covered in this blog.