How to Save Office 365 Documents to Computer? Step-By-Step Solution
Summary: Here you will find how to save Office 365 documents to computer efficiently. Both approaches are discussed in detail to download files and folders from Office 365. You will also get to know about the most reliable approach which is also recommended by the experts to save Office 365 documents locally.
With the popularity of the Office 365 in the Organizations. Most Organizations use Office 365 for their seamless workflow. Office 365 provides different SaaS services such as Outlook, SharePoint, OneDrive, Teams, and many more. Organizations are regularly taking benefits from these services. All the files and folders of the Organizations are stored on the cloud for easy access to the permitted users. But what happens when there is a requirement to download the uploaded files to a computer from the cloud? So, go with this article to find the solution to the most asked query. There can be multiple reasons to download the files and folders to the computer locally. Let’s elaborate on them.
Table Of Content
Distinct Reasons to Download Files and Folders from Office 365
There is no question about the security of Office 365, but relying on a third party for essential information is also not a good approach. There might be the chances of data loss due to a cyberattack or accidental deletion of data because of human error. To keep your data safe from these possible problems, you should choose to save Office 365 documents to computer locally. Some of the issues are also gathered which motivates to download the files and folders to computer.
- There is an Error code 0x80070005 occurs when trying to move the folder to OneDrive for Business.
- Sometimes OneDrive gets paused automatically.
- Downloading and uploading files from OneDrive becomes problematic.
- If you are facing the issue of Internet regularly, then with the help of offline access you can avoid this problem.
- You can edit the document with the help of offline access.
- The documents can be shared with others who do not have Office 365 accounts.
Now, after discussing the major reasons to download files and folders from office 365. It’s time to discuss the solution through which you can save your data from loss.
How to Save Office 365 Documents to Computer Manually
In Office 365, there is an option to download the files and folders from SaaS services such as OneDrive and SharePoint. To do so, you need to move to the OneDrive or SharePoint website. To download files from OneDrive to computer for having backup Office 365 mailboxes you need to follow some steps.
- Select the documents which you want to download to the computer.
- You can select multiple files or folders as per your requirement at once for downloading to the local system.
- After selecting the required files click on the Download option from the upper navbar.
- Now, save the files into the destination location.
Why Should You Not Use the Manual Method?
- There is no option provided to download the OneNote notebooks.
- There is no option available for downloading multiple files or folders in Office 365. (upgrade it to the Business Plan).
- While you refresh the page sometimes the download button disappears.
- This is very time-consuming if the files are large in size.
- There might be a chance of downloading the wrong file due to human error.
- There is a predefined size limit for downloading the files manually.
- Individual files should be of 15 GB or less.
- Able to download the zip file of 20 GB only.
- Only 10,000 files can be downloaded.
Let’s move to the efficient approach that fulfills all of these limitations and solves the query of how to save Office 365 documents to computer.
Also Read: What are the Office 365 Mailbox Types?
Reliable Solution to Download Files and Folders from Office 365
To save Office 365 documents to the computer is not a tough task with the Most Reliable Office 365 Export tool. The experts recommend this tool for downloading files and folders from Office 365 without hassle. You do need to worry about the data integrity. By using this tool, all of the data is safe and secure throughout the process. It has different advanced features such as
- Able to extract data from Office 365 into multiple file formats such as PST, EML, and so on.
- You can also export Office 365 Archive mailboxes to PST file.
- Use the Date and category Filter to select the essential data.
- Also, split large PST files into small-sized files.
- A complete report is generated to verify all the executed steps in detail.
Simple Steps to Download Office 365 Files and Folders Locally
Step 1. Download and Start the tool.
Step 2. Select Office 365 as the Source and File System as the destination
Step 3. Tick the checkboxes of the required items to export and apply the Date Filter.
Step 4. Now in the Source Tab, Enter the Source Email and Application ID validate and hit on Next.
Step 5. Now select the destination location for the resulting file in the destination window, Validate, and Next.
Step 6. Load the users into the tool from several options such as Fetch Users, Import Users, and Download Template.
Step 7. After the successful loading of the users, Click on the Start Export button for the exporting process.
In this blog, we have explained “How to Save Office 365 documents to computer” in two different ways. One is the manual method which is not fit for large files and another one is a professional method. The professional method is suggested because it is able to download large files easily. This method is also fulfilling all of the limitations of the manual method.