How to Migrate Calendar from G Suite to Office 365 – Explained
Summary: Do you need to migrate calendar from G Suite to Office 365? Read further to know about the different methods that you can use for the same. Apart from this also learn about the differences and benefits of using one method over the other.
Migrate Calendar From G Suite to Office 365
Recently, a large number of Google email account users are believed to be trying to switch from Google Workspace to Outlook 365 or OWA (Office 365). As we all know, whenever a user migrates a G Suite mailbox to an Office 365 account, they have to migrate their mailbox data from their old email account to the new email account. In addition to this requirement, users sometimes have to specifically link or migrate calendar from G Suite to Office 365.
It can be seen that users are facing questions about adding, migrating, or syncing Google Workspace calendars to Office 365. These types of queries usually are as follows:
“A few days ago, I downloaded data from Google Workspace calendar. The zip file contains five to six iCalendar files. I want to migrate these files to an Office 365 account. Can I transfer the Google Workspace calendar and Migrate those files to MS Office 365? “
Table of Contents
Reasons to Transfer Google Calendar to Office 365
There are many situations where users tend to migrate Google Workspace calendar to Office 365 environment. Some of them are as follows:
- Calendar data may also include scheduled email messages and contact information to transfer this data into a more reliable form.
- Users may look to shift the business suite they are using and moving the calendar data is an important part of that process too.
The lack of a straight forward way to migrate Google Workspace calendar to Office 365 may be perplexing. Therefore, many such queries and user concerns arise while migrating the Google Workspace calendar to Office 365.
However, there is no need to worry as we have both the manual as well as a sureshot tool to deal with any and all issues. Let’s learn how to complete that task with the basic method.
How to Migrate Calendar from G Suite to Microsoft Office 365 Using Manual Method?
Below are the manual migration steps that you can perform to migrate calendar data to Outlook 365. It is divided into three phases to make the process easier to follow.
Phase 1. Get Google Calendar Data
- Open the Google Chrome browser in which your source account is logged in. Then click on the candy menu at the top right corner.
- Then, click on the Calendar App menu icon.
- When Calendar opens, click on the gear icon on the top right side. In the dropdown menu hit “Settings”.
- Ignore everything else in the Settings menu and navigate to the Import & Export section.
- In the Import & Export page first toggle the export option from the left-hand menu bar. Then click on the Export button.
- It will start the download of the calendar in .ical.zip format. You will need to unzip the file to upload it to the destination.
Phase 2. Unzip the File to migrate calendar from G Suite to Office 365
- We will use an online unzipper to fasten the process. Search for it in your browser and open anyone that you want.
- Drag and drop your recently downloaded ical.zip file. Wait for the unzipped to work.
- Once unzipped download and save the file.
Phase 3. Upload the File to Outlook Calendar to Complete Google Calendar migration to Office 365.
- Sign in to the Outlook webmail, and click on the Candy menu.
- From the list choose and click on Calendar.
- When the Calendar page opens find and click the “Add Calendar” button.
- After that Click on Upload from the file, and browse for the unzipped Google calendar file.
- Choose the file you unzipped before and add it to your Office 365 email account.
- Now select the calender from the dropdown list and confirm by clicking the “Import” button.
- View Google Workspace calendar in your Office 365 account.
Limitations of Using Manual Method to Transfer Google Calendar to Office 365
- Limited Scope: The manual method mentioned above only migrates Google Workspace calendar to Office365. However, some users may want to migrate all of their mailbox data from their Google Suite accounts.
- Time Consuming: You can only migrate calendar from G Suite to Office 365 for one account at a time. If you want to move data from multiple accounts then you have to repeat the steps multiple times.
- Security Concerns: The need for using online unzipping tools makes our data vulnerable to nefarious entities. Moreover, online tools are unreliable and unsecure.
- Lacking Functionality: Absence of any type of filters before the migration process means users can’t choose what data they want to transfer.
Professional Tool to Migrate Calendar From G Suite to Office 365
From the above, you can clearly see that using the manual method has a lot of limitations. Hence it is not recommended to use the manual method since there are risks of data loss. SysTools G Suite to Office 365 Migration Software is an excellent tool that you can use without losing events, permissions, and other mailbox metadata attributes.
This is a proven end-to-end cloud migration application that can import all data items from Google Business Mail. The software has excellent features and can export your data easily.
Here are the steps to migrate G Suite Calendar to Office365:
- Download, install and run the migration tool on the Windows system.
- Select “G Suite” and “Office 365” in the “Source” and “Destination” platforms respectively.
- Uncheck everything else and select the “Calendar” option in the “Select Workload” section and apply the data range filter accordingly.
- Enter the administrator ID, application ID, and upload the certificate file for G Suite in the Source Section for verification.
- Similarly, enter your Office 365 admin email and App ID in the “Destination” window for verification.
- Now go to the “Users” window and import a list of users with their preferred options.
- After importing the options map the source users to the destination one step further and you will migrate calendar from G Suite to Office 365.
- Once everything is according to your requirements, click on the “Start Migration” button.
Also read: Best Method to Move Google Drive Folder to Another Drive
We hope you find this article particularly useful, especially the step-by-step guide to migrate calendar from G Suite to Office 365 professionally. If you’re trying to export items other than your calendar from Google, you can easily select the other options in the workload section. This is also an ideal way to securely import data from multiple accounts of G Suite to Office 365 at the same time.