The Google Vault does not allow the users to directly transfer/ move the Google Vault data to Office 365. To access the Google Vault data using Microsoft Outlook, first, a user needs to export the Google Vault data to MBOX file format. Then, the MBOX file format needs to be converted using either manual methods or third-party software. Then use import the .pst file into Office 365 using MS Outlook or an automated tool.
So, in this article, we will discuss Google Vault to Office 365 migration without any loss of the data.
Update On: 07/04/21
Now, there are automated tools available that can assist you to directly perform Google vault to Office 365 migration in few clicks. One such automated tool is demonstrated in the upcoming section.
Use SysTools Google Vault to Office 365 Migration Tool to directly migrate Google vault data of multiple users directly into the Office 365 user account in just a few clicks. This is a tool especially customized for admins to ease their migration tasks. Using this admin can migrate all or selected emails from the vault to the designed O365 account.
Steps to directly migrate data from Google Vault to Office 365 are:
1. First use the above Download button to get the tool .exe for free and install it on your system (Windows or Linux). And, Activate it.
2. From the Migration Configuration section of tool, select the source as “Google Vault” and Destination as “Office 365”.
3. Go to the Workload Section to set the date-range filter for the emails for selective data migration (optional)
4. Now move to the Source tab, here you need to enter the Google Vault Admin Id, and project details (to know about project details, click on the “Project Creation Steps” link on the same window below). After filling all the fields, click on Validate button to authenticate the entered details.
5. Go to the Destination tab, to provide the details of Office 365 Account, such as Admin Id, and application id. Once done, Validate to authenticate the details.
6. For mapping the source and destination platform, go to the User tab to select the option. Here, you will get two options:
7. After completion of mapping successfully, click on the Validate button to authenticate each and every user account.
8. Finally, click on Start Migration button to begin the Google Vault migration to Office 365. You can preview the live status of migration on the tool window in the List & Tile view.
9. After completion of migration, the tool offers the option to Download Reports in two modes: Summary & Detailed. Download these reports to see the successfully migrated items.
That’s it! In just less than 10 steps you will be able to migrate all users Vault emails directly into the new Office 365 user account. You can now login into Office 365 can check for the migrated data.
To know more about the tool and view the features offered by it, please visit the official website. The demo version of the tool comes up with 2 free user licenses for testing. Perform the test on a dummy account before proceeding with for complete organization data migration.
Note: The following section is outdated and for the users that have already downloaded their Google Vault data in MBOX format and now want to import it into Office 365 suite.
• Archiving Emails and Chat
The user can customize the rules of control retention on how long email and chats can be kept before it is removed from the user mailbox permanently.
• Searching Drive File
By using this feature Google lets user search drive results including the non-supported Google files JPG, DOCX, PDF etc.
• Searching Emails
This is the most powerful function and the most preferred feature by the user for email investigations with which the user can search the particular email account, date or keyword. Also, the Google Vault supports Gmail based Boolean searches and wild-card operators.
It is the second most used feature by the Google Vault users which exports the selected emails or archived emails to a specific file.
The steps for transferring/ moving emails to Microsoft Office 365 from Google Vault are as follows:
Here the user must perform the following steps mentioned below:
Note: Exported MBOX data is available for 15 days only and it automatically gets deleted after 15 days.
The steps for converting the MBOX files to Outlook data file is as follows:
The methods and steps mentioned above are very easy and simple to perform. Once the Google Vault exports the data in MBOX file format then the user can import that MBOX data file in Microsoft Outlook application.
The Outlook PST file can be transferred/ imported to Office 365/Exchange Online using drive shipping or network upload methods.
Google Vault application exports the data in the MBOX file format. Also, here we discussed the ways of Google Vault to Office 365 migration. For Microsoft Outlook users first, they need to import the MBOX files in Outlook application and then they can view the data in Office 365 using the two steps mentioned above.