How to Migrate G Suite to G Suite/Google Workspace? Step-By-Step Explanation
Google Workspace is widely used because of its collaborative apps such as Google Docs, Sheets, Gmail, and many more. With the popularity of the G Suite, most of the users are connected with Google Workspace. Because it offers distinct functionalities that improve the workflow of organizations. But sometimes the G Suite to G Suite migration becomes the need of the hour. That’s why through this article, we are solving the query of how to migrate G Suite to G Suite efficiently.
Different methods are discussed in detail. So that you can find the right one for you. Through the automated tool, you can migrate Google emails, calendars, documents, and other data seamlessly. One method is also discussed to do the same but it has some limitations. In some cases, you may have an EML file, that is also possible to import EML to G Suite to load all the data into the G Suite. Let’s deep dive into the reasons for G Suite migration first.
Table Of Content
- Why Google Workspace to Google Workspace Migration?
- How to Migrate G Suite to G Suite Seamlessly?
- Final Words
Why Google Workspace to Google Workspace Migration?
There are multiple reasons to perform G Suite migration. Some of the key reasons are as follows.
- When the organization merges with another organization.
- If an organization rebrands itself and wants to move the data to the new domain.
- When the employee moves to another organization.
- To Share emails to another G Suite account from distinct domains.
How to Migrate G Suite to G Suite Seamlessly?
After getting the reasons to migrate from G Suite to G Suite. Now, it’s time to elaborate on the methods. There are two different methods to perform migration. One is performed by the Data Migration Services and the other one is by the reliable automated tool. Let’s explore the DMS first.
Google Workspace to Google Workspace Migration Using Google Admin Console
Google has provided its own method for G Suite migration. Delta migration services feature is available in the Google Admin Console. After the successful migration, you can connect GoDaddy domain to G Suite. Execute the below steps for the G Suite migration using the Google Admin Center.
- Step 1. Log in to the Google Admin Console and click on the Data Migration option.
- Step 2. In the Data Migration, choose the options for migrate and then hit Continue.
- Step 3. Complete the required credentials, Migration Source as G Suite, and Connection protocol as Auto Select Recommended.
- Step 4. Now, select the Migration Start Date.
- Step 5. Choose the Migrated Deleted Email or Junk Email under the Migration options.
- Step 6. Choose the users for migration either single users or multiple users.
- Step 7. Create a CSV file for multiple users which includes Source ID, Source password, and Destination ID.
- Step 8. Attach the CSV file, Click on the Upload and Start migration option.
Limitations of DMS for G suite to G suite Migration
- You cannot perform the migration of emails, calendars, and contacts at the same time.
- It can migrate email from one G Suite account to another in one go.
- There is no option to migrate Google Drive data.
- It is a time-consuming process for accounts having large data.
- There is no Date Filter to filter out the required data.
- You are not able to set priority for the accounts.
- There is no report generated after the migration to keep track of all the executed steps.
How to Migrate G Suite to G Suite Using the Automated Tool
After evaluating the DMS method with its limitations, now is the time to explore the automated tool. To perform the efficient Google Workspace to Google Workspace Migration, you should go with the G Suite to G Suite Migration Tool. By using this tool, you can perform the migration of G Suite to G Suite with the emails, documents, calendar, and contacts in one go. It is also having some cutting-edge features that make the migration seamless.
Cutting-Edge Features of the Automated Tool
- Able to migrate all of the required data easily.
- Provides Smart Date-Filter for filtering of data.
- Option of setting priority to the important accounts.
- Interactive dashboard to track the migration process.
- Generates a complete report after the migration.
- Proficient at error handling that occurs during the migration.
- Perform the complete migration quickly.
- Supports multiple operating systems.
- Delta Migration for the newly arrived data.
- To load the users there are different options available.
Step-By-Step G Suite to G Suite Migration
Step 1. Download the automated tool, and select G Suite for both Source & Destination.
Step 2. Select the required data under the workload and apply Date Filters.
Step 3. Enter the Source credentials, Validate them, and hit Next.
Step 4. Complete the details of the destination and then Next after validation.
Step 5. Load the users into the tool.
Step 6. After the successful validation of the users Click on the Start Migration button.
Now you know the solution of how to migrate G Suite to G Suite. All the possible methods are discussed whether it is using the Google Admin Center or the Automated tool in detail. Now after reading this article, your opinion about migration has changed from difficult to easy. The migration is easy and secure if you go with the automated tool instead of DMS. Because the DMS method has some limitations that make the process difficult for you. Hence the query of how to migrate G Suite to G Suite is resolved.