How to Migrate Outlook Calendar to Office 365 – Ultimate Guide
Outlook calendars enable users to add appointments, meetings, and other events. These entries can be tracked and shared with other users. In Microsoft Outlook, users can generate several calendars, connect with other people’s calendars, and share a calendar with other users.
After the users’ Inbox folder, the calendar is possibly the place where Outlook users spend their most of the time. Users can perform different operations on a calendar, which are written as follows:
- Schedule appointments
- Generate multiple calendars
- Apply categories as well as reminders
- Organize the schedule
- Multiple day appointments can also be created
- Calendars can also be printed
The write-up is for Outlook users, who want to migrate Outlook calendar to Office 365 online. This query arises in most of the users’ mind for proper organizing and managing the data.
Step-Wise Procedure to Migrate Outlook Calendar to Office 365
To migrate calendar from Outlook to Office 365, there is no direct manual method. The workaround solutions are very tricky and complex. So, to perform the conversion, technical experts suggest using an automated utility like Office 365 Import PST service software.
It offers a simple user interface so that all the options are present in a single pane. The accurate results can be obtained just after a few clicks.
Users can easily export the calendar from Outlook to Office 365 using this professional tool. It is required to follow these steps to achieve the desired migration:
# With Impersonation
- Open Office 365 import application on the local system. The graphical interface will be displayed as follows:
- Once the tool appears, select the checkbox of Is Office 365 Admin. Enter the credentials for the admin account and then, hit on Login button.
- Then, hit on Add Folder button. Select the folder consisting of PST files and click on open. By selecting an option of Add file (s), users can add multiple files.
- The PST files will be listed in the software pane. Enter the email addresses associated to the PST file. The credentials will be validated and if it is OK, a green tick will appear corresponding to an individual user’s address. An alternative solution is to add CSV file. For this, users have to click on Add CSV file to migrate calendar from Outlook to Office 365 online. The sample of CSV file can be seen by clicking on Sample CSV. Browse and add the needed CSV file. Then, click on Next button. In the next step, provide user ID credentials for which Outlook PST file is to be imported.
- Then, select the checkbox of Calendar. Apply the date filter and click on Set button. In the date filter, specify the From and To dates and click on OK button.
- Select the checkbox of Include Folders and select the folders that are to be added. You can click on Attach Outlook PST file. This feature will facilitate you to generate a folder having the same name as PST file and you can add folders to it. Select the Incremental import checkbox options to exclude deleted items and exclude sent items by selecting the respective folders.
- Press on Import button.
- The application will begin the migration procedure to migrate Outlook calendar to Office 365. When the process will be done successfully complete, a message box will appear. Click on OK.
- On completion of the migration process, the progress report will be marked as 100%. You can also save the report by clicking on Save Report.
- In the next step, select the location where the export report is to be saved. The migration report will be saved then.
# Without Impersonation
In this approach, admin credentials are not needed. Follow these steps to migrate Outlook calendar to Office 365 online:
- Run Office365Import tool on your local machine
- In the next step, click on Add File(s). In this way, multiple PST files are added. To insert several PST files, you can click on Add folder or Add CSV as per the requirements
- The further steps will be same as With Impersonation
The Bottom Line
Oftentimes, admins or other users require to migrate Outlook calendar to Office 365 cloud. By doing this, all the desired data is saved on the same platform. It makes easier to organize the schedule and events.
To achieve this migration, the manual procedure is way more complex.
Hence, for proper conversion, it is needed to use an automated tool like Office365Import tool. This program makes the procedure to migrate calendar from Outlook to Office 365 trouble-free and easier as compared to other approaches.
Related Article: Know how to mirate Outlook contacts to Office 365 account.