How to Move Google Drive Folder to Another Drive – Effortless Solution
Certainly, Google Drive has made the lives of a lot of cloud users bearable and managed. However, it lacks some important features such as how to move Google Drive folder to another account. That makes sense because there is no set limit for opening accounts. This means that users will create a new account every time the free storage provided by Google is full. Also, there are genuine times when users may need to move shared Google Accounts to their personal accounts, or make certain changes. In such a scenario, users will find a way to transfer Google Drive files to another account.
Let’s have a quick glance at the user query:
I have a few files in which some of them are documents, and videos that my teachers have shared daily with their Google Drive accounts. I will graduate in the near future and will not be able to access these files. This Google Drive account is currently maintained by the school and will be deleted soon. Now all files which are stored on the drive are very important. Therefore, I want to move Google Drive folder to another account, entirely. Is there some possible way to do the same?
There are a few ways to move Google Drive files / folders, lying under the Settings window. The user can move the copied files to another folder by simply making a copy. Have a look to move folder from one Google Drive account to another.
Steps to Move Google Drive Folder to Another Account via Manual Approach
Manual Method 1:
1. Sign in to your Gmail account for moving files / folders from one Google Drive account to another.
2. Select the required folder that you have to transfer to another Drive.
3. In the new wizard, type the email address and hit on Is Owner option.
4. Now, you can see the selected folder is moved to the destination Google Drive account.
Also Read: How to Migrate Google Calendar to Microsoft Office 365?
Manual Method 2:
For those who find it difficult to move Google Drive folder to another Drive account using the above method or have little technical expertise, you can easily follow the steps below.
1. Sign in to your Gmail account and open Google Drive.
2. Select the documents which have to be moved to a secondary account.
3. Now, right-click and select the Download option to download the folder.
4. Once you have downloaded all the documents and moved them to your local folder, log in to another account.
5. Lastly to upload the files, select New, and then click on Upload File(s) / Folder. Now, select the files from the local folder.
Are There Any Drawbacks of Using the Manual Method?
There are several limitations and shortcomings associated with the manual method, some of them are as follows:
- Complex and Tedious Process: Using a manual way to move Google Drive folder to another Drive can be time-consuming as the process has to be run separately. Therefore, the user needs to spend a certain amount of time moving folders from Google Drive to another account.
- Technical Strength: The user must be technically skilled to perform these procedures. Otherwise, users have to spend a lot of time.
- Data Loss: Manual process does not provide you with data security and this could lead to data loss.
- Loss of Data Integrity: Manual method does not ensure the migration of structure data. It is unable to maintain the original hierarchy and integrity of data.
- Absence of Modern Filters: Features like date filter, priority-based migration, etc are not available in the manual method.
Effortless Way to Move Google Drive Files / Folder sto Another Drive Account
Go to Approach: If you are new to the business, and have a lot of Google Drive files / folders, you have to transfer to another account. Then, it is suggested to use SysTools Google Drive Migrator to move your Google Drive files and folders efficiently within no time.
In addition, it maintains the file and folder structure, and hierarchy during the migration process. Also, features like, incremental, and concurrent migration are offered by the application. It is perfect when you have a huge amount of data to move. Even for novice users, the software will perform the entire procedure within a few clicks.
So let’s start!!
Automated Steps on How to Move Files from One Google Drive to Another
Step 1. Download and run the above tool on your computer. Select G Suite as the source and destination platform.
Step 2. From the workload selection, please enable “Documents” and apply the date filter, if you require selective data migration.
Step 3. Provide credentials for source and destination G Suite admin account. Validate the required permissions.
Step 4. Create mapping for the bulk user and data migration between source and destination.
Step 5. Validate the required permissions and lastly click on the start migration button to initiate the process.
Must Read: 3 Quick Methods to Import Google Contacts to Microsoft Office 365
Google Drive storage is always a blessing because you can store your files there and they can be accessed easily from anywhere. It’s packed with tons of features that enable you to collaborate and invite users to share files. However, there is no reliable solution to move Google Drive folder to another Drive account. Due to the limited set of manual methods, it is wise to choose a reliable tool that goes beyond all the manual limitations that users face.