How to Save Emails from Outlook Web App to Computer? Best Guide to Follow
Looking for the right solution to save emails from Outlook Web App to your desktop? Performing this task without planning can be tricky and troublesome. Get the simplest yet most effective methods and get over the “how to download emails from Outlook Web App” query quickly.
There might be certain reasons for a user wanting to download Outlook Web App emails. Usually, if a user is migrating to some other platform from OWA they need to export the O365 data and then import it to another platform. Users might simply need a backup of their all data to overcome the situations of accidental data loss and cyber attacks, hacking, and virus infections.
Methods on How to Save Emails from Outlook Web App to Computer
Here are the best methods to answer the query i.e. “how to download emails from Outlook web app?”. Now, the manual method is ideal when you have sound technical skills and the data to be exported is not huge.
Best solution: SysTools OWA Backup Tool fits best when you have huge data to export from a free Outlook Online account. The software performs all the export procedures by itself and you get the downloaded data within a few clicks. It simply downloads every bit of email data from the free Outlook online account and no data is lost in this transmission.
However, if you want to save emails from Outlook 365 (Microsoft 365 Outlook), then you can use the below-mentioned software solution. Use this efficient option or process the below methods to download your data from Outlook Web Access. Let’s begin!
#1 Manual Steps to Save Emails from Outlook Web App to Hard Drive
- Open your Microsoft Outlook >> go to File menu >> choose Add Account
- Choose the Manual Setup/ Additional Server Types option and tap on Next
- Customize the services as desired >> click on the Next button
- Select either IMAP or POP protocol >> enter the required details in the user information section >> hit on More Settings
- You will see the Internet Email Settings wizard prompting on screen
- Choose the Outgoing Server option >> click on My Outgoing Server (SMTP) requires authentication >> Advanced and fill in the required information
- Next, on the server, you can leave or remove (after 14 days) a copy of emails >> hit OK >> Next button to download emails from Outlook Web App.
Important Note: Meanwhile, if you configure the incoming server as POP, you might get some error while configuring the emails in between the procedure to save emails from Outlook Web App to computer.
Reasons for Errors Showing Up Might be the Following:
Check if the POP configuration is enabled in your OWA account. Follow these steps to fix it:
- Log in to your OWA account >> hit on App Launcher or go to Outlook/ Mail in the navigation bar >> choose Outlook
- Click on Settings option in navigation bar >> hit on Options >> select Account >> My Account >> click on Next
- Exit the window
- Now, hit on Finish to execute the configuration. Now you can download Outlook Web App emails to PST and further save them to your desktop.
#2 OWA Backup Utility to Automatically Save Emails from Outlook Web App Locally
Here comes the automated utility SysTools O365 Email Backup & Restore to quickly download Outlook Web App emails to hard drive. The software helps to export Office 365 mailboxes into PST file format. It can quickly export huge data from Outlook 365 mailbox and provides advanced options like Date Filter, Stop and Start Backup option, etc.
Other than this, the main attraction of the software is the Concurrent Backup feature that allows users to save emails from multiple Outlook 365 accounts concurrently. Not just that, the tool also helps to import PST files into Office 365 mailbox without any hassle.
Software Steps to Download Emails from Outlook Web App to Computer
Step-by-step working of the tool is explained below:
Step 1. Download this tool on your system & select Office 365 as the Source platform.
Step 2. Select Categories that you want to backup Office 365 mailbox locally.
Step 3. You can also apply a date filter to save emails within a specified date range.
Step 4. Now you need to enter and validate your Microsoft 365 Admin email and Application ID.
Step 5. After this, select the destination path where you want to download PST file from Office 365 online.
Step 6. From the list of Outlook 365 mailboxes, select the mailboxes from which you want to save emails from Outlook Web App to computer. Then, click on the Start Backup button.
Two of the best solutions have been described in the above section on “how to save emails from Outlook Web App to computer” user query. As far as I think, I found the Outlook 365 Backup & Restore utility a more promising and safe choice to save email from Office 365 Web to desktop. Also, to avoid any data loss issues, the automated tool can work like magic for users.
Frequently Asked Queries
A. You can try the trial version of the software without buying it and try all the features for free. Moreover, you can download emails from Outlook Web App for two users accounts for free.
A. Yes, you can trust this tool as it is recommended by many experts to save emails from Outlook Web App to the computer.