How to Unhide Emails in Outlook Efficiently? Latest Guide
In this technologically fast-growing world, users face various challenges in their routine work. We received a user query asking – How to unhide emails in Outlook 2016, 2010, & other versions. Now, this states that users are facing difficulties in accessing their emails in Outlook. Moreover, due to the technicalities involved in this process, users are unable to solve these issues on their own.
Evidently, this issue can be due to various reasons. We are going to discuss some manual methods to solve the issue. Also, the automated solution for the same will also be mentioned in this blog to get back these hidden emails in Outlook.
To start the article, let’s begin with changing the view settings which is the most common reason for such issues. Other methods are mentioned after that respectively.
How to Find Hidden Emails in Outlook Manually?
There are several manual solutions for the user to choose from. However, these solutions are not completely reliable and are not suitable for every situation. Moreover, these methods might look straightforward but, they require a certain level of technical understanding of Outlook. Let’s move forward to the solutions.
#1: How to Unhide Emails in Outlook by Tweaking the Custom Filter Settings?
Changing the settings for the custom filters is one way to solve the problem of hidden emails. This can help you to unhide Outlook emails. When you accidentally or on purpose apply custom filter settings, the system filters out & hides some emails.
Users must change these settings in order to start receiving the hidden emails. This is the most basic solution to unhide the hidden emails in Outlook. Follow the steps mentioned below carefully. Users should know that Outlook must be installed in their system to execute this method.
- Open Outlook & Go to the View tab >> Click on the View settings option.
- Select the Filter option from the menu of the Advanced View Settings option.
- Click the Advanced tab from the Filters prompt screen & then move ahead.
- Select the Received Today option & Hit the Remove button.
- Now, hit the Ok button & that’s it.
Users must note that if the Received Today option is not applied, then this method will not solve the issue. You can follow the next method to unhide your emails in Outlook.
#2: How to Unhide Emails in Outlook by Adding Account Again?
A lot of the time the emails are not accessible due to a technical issue. Improper account configuration of synchronization issues can cause this problem. Users have to just remove their account from the Outlook application & then Add it again. This actually works as it kind of reboots the systems and all of the settings are switched to the default. You can try this method to unhide the missing emails.
Remove your Account from Outlook to Find Hidden Emails in Outlook
If you’re using Outlook 2016, 2010, or any other version then follow the below steps to remove your account from Outlook completely.
- Launch Outlook & Go to the File tab.
- Click on the Account settings drop-down in the Info category >> Now Select the Account Settings option.
- Select the Account that you want to remove which is having trouble & Click on the Remove button.
- Hit the Yes button to confirm that you want to remove that account.
Add your Account to Outlook Again to Unhide Hidden Emails in Outlook
- Go to the Start button in Windows & then Select the Control Panel option.
- Now, Double Click on Mail from the list of Control Panel.
- From the Mail Setup window box, Simply Select the Email Account you want to add.
- Click New on the Account settings prompt screen here.
- Enter all the necessary Email Account details here & Click on the Next button.
- After a few minutes, your account will be added again to the application & you’ll be able to see your emails.
#3 How to Find Hidden Emails in Outlook by Importing Email History?
This is the last manual method for importing the old email history. Now we are going to learn the manual way to import the email history to unhide the crucial emails in outlook. This way you can get hidden emails of an old account into a new account.
Follow the below steps to import the email history into your system. The below steps are very easy to learn & can teach you how to unhide emails in Outlook safely.
- Open a New Account of yours in the Outlook application.
- Click the File tab and then Select the Open & Export option.
- Hit the Import/Export button & Choose Import from another program or file option.
- Click Next & then Click on Outlook Data File (.pst) option.
- Now, Click on the Next button to proceed further in the procedure.
- Search & Enter the Location Path of your .pst Outlook files.
- Hit the Open button and then the Finish button.
After this, wait for a few minutes & then you’ll see that you are successful in answering how to unhide emails in Outlook.
Drawbacks of Manual Solutions
These methods cannot be followed by every individual. There are several drawbacks to these methods. Let’s discuss some of these drawbacks
- All of these methods are suitable for specific situations. The user would have to opt for the hit-and-trial technique to single out the issue using these methods.
- These methods require the user to have an understanding of the working of the Outlook application.
- These methods are time-consuming and require a lot of user effort.
- These methods are tech-intensive and not at all easy to perform.
How to Unhide Emails in Outlook Using Automated Solution?
If you’re searching for a solution to unhide the emails in Outlook then you may not be aware of the exact problem. There are chances that emails may not be hidden but deleted. Once your email gets deleted, it passes 30 days, your email is removed completely by Outlook.
In such cases, you must opt for the Automated method to learn how to recover deleted data from Outlook securely. The best thing about this solution is that it comes with plenty of features that provide extra functionality to users.
Download the tool & then follow the below-mentioned steps to get back all the hidden emails of outlook. This is the best method for learning how to find hidden emails in Outlook 2016 & other versions.
Step-1. Click Add File option to add the .pst file with hidden or deleted emails.
Step-2. Now Select the Quick or Advance Scan option as per your preference.
Step-3. Select the Highlighted Emails ( deleted emails in red color) you need.
Step-4. Browse the Destination Location & also Set the resultant File format to unhide the hidden emails in Outlook.
Step-5. In the end, Click on the Export button to get your hidden Outlook emails.
Automated Tool for Mac OS
If you’re working on an Apple device & require a tool that can support the apple ecosystem then don’t worry. The automated tool also comes for Apple Mac OS. The steps are almost similar with minor changes. You can opt for this in case you have an Apple divide instead of Windows.
Why Users Should Select The Automated Method
There are various reasons why the automated method is advantageous as compared to other methods. It has plenty of features that are mentioned below. These can solve your query of how to find hidden emails in Outlook safely.
- The tool has the ability to recover all hidden or permanently deleted emails safely.
- Users can get contacts, calendars, tasks, notes & journals also with emails.
- This software can also repair damaged Outlook PST file with ease.
- This software makes it possible to recover password-protected & encrypted emails.
- Users are free to use the date & category filter to get customized results as desired.
- All of the Outlook versions are supported here. Also, the Windows 11(64Bit) & below are compatible.
The Ending Words
How to unhide emails in Outlook is a common query as the users do not want to lose any crucial data. The manual methods mentioned above will work in certain conditions. You can easily unhide your emails using the above-mentioned methods if the methods suit your requirement.
If your old emails not showing in Outlook then, there is a chance that may be deleted. The above-mentioned automated method is the first choice for such recovery. It can get you all the required emails in just a few clicks.