How to Unhide Emails in Outlook 2010, 2016 Safely? 2022 Latest Guide
In this technologically fast-growing world, users face various challenges in their routine work. We received a user query asking how to unhide emails in Outlook 2016, 2010, & other versions. Now, this states that users are facing difficulties in accessing their emails in Outlook. Moreover, due to the technicalities involved in this process, users are unable to solve these issues on their own.
Evidently, this issue can be due to various reasons. We are going to execute some of the manual methods to solve the issue. Also, the automated method for the same is also mentioned here in this blog to get back these hidden emails.
To start the article, let’s begin with changing the view settings which is the most common reason for such issues. Other methods are mentioned after that respectively.
How Do I Unhide Emails in Outlook 2016, 2010, 2007, 2003 Manually?
Changing the settings for the custom filters is one way to solve the problem of hidden emails. This can help you to unhide the Outlook emails. When you accidentally or on purpose apply custom filter settings, the system filters out & hides some emails.
Users must change these settings in order to start receiving the hidden emails. This is the most basic solution to unhide Outlook emails. Follo w the steps mentioned below carefully. Users should know that Outlook must be installed in their system to execute this method.
- Open Outlook & Go to the View tab >> Click on the View settings option.
- Select the Filter option from the menu of Advanced View Settings option.
- Click the Advanced tab from the Filters prompt screen & then move ahead.
- Select the Received Today option & Hit the Remove button.
- Now Hit the Ok button & that’s it.
Users must note that if the Received Today option is not applied, then this is not the issue why your emails are hidden. You can follow the next method to unhide your emails in Outlook.
Fix & Learn How to Unhide Emails in Outlook 2010 This Way – #2 Manual
A lot of time the issue is just technical. Improper account configuration of synchronization issues can cause this problem. Users have to just remove their account from Outlook& then Add it again. This actually works as it kind of reboots the systems. You can try this method to unhide the missing emails.
Remove your Account from Outlook
If you’re using Outlook 2016, 2010, or any other version then follow the below steps to remove your account from Outlook completely.
- Launch Outlook & Go to the File tab.
- Click on the Account settings drop down in the Info category >> Now Select the Account Settings option.
- Select the Account that you want to remove which is having trouble & Click on the Remove button.
- Hit the Yes button to confirm that you want to remove that account.
Add your Account to Outlook Again
- Go to Start in WIndows & then Select Control Panel option.
- Now, Double Click on Mail from the list of Control Panel.
- From the Mail Setup window box, Simply Select the Email Account you want to add.
- Click New on the Account settings prompt screen here.
- Enter all the necessary Email Account details here & Click on the Next button.
- After a few minutes, your account will be added again to the application & you’ll be able to see your emails.
#3 Manual Method to Learn How to Unhide Emails in Outlook
This is the last manual method for importing the old email history. This is one of the reasons why users’ email in Outlook gets hidden. Now we are going to learn the manual way to import the email history to unhide the crucial emails in outlook. This way you can get hidden emails of an old account into a new account.
Follow the below steps to import the email history into your system. The below steps are very easy to learn & can teach you how do I unhide emails in Outlook safely.
- Open New Account of yours in the Outlook application.
- Click the File tab and then Select the Open & Export option.
- Hit the Import/Export button & Choose Import from another program or file option.
- Click Next & then Click on Outlook Data File (.pst) option.
- Now, Click on the Next button to proceed further in the procedure.
- Search & Enter the Location Path of your .pst Outlook files.
- Hit the Open button and then the Finish button.
After this, wait for a few minutes & then you’ll see that you are successful in unhiding your Outlook emails.
Expert Recommended Automated Method for Users
If you’re searching how do I unhide emails in Outlook then you may not be aware of the exact problem. There are chances that emails may not be hidden but deleted. Once your email gets deleted from deleted & it passes 30 days, your email is removed completely by Outlook.
In such cases, you must opt for the Automated method to learn how to recover deleted data from Outlook securely. The best thing about this solution is that it comes with plenty of features that enable users for various advantages.
Download the tool & then follow the below-mentioned steps with respective images to get back all the hidden emails of outlook. This is the best method for learning how to unhide emails in Outlook 2016 & other versions.
Step-1. Click Add File option to add the .pst file with hidden or deleted emails.
Step-2. Now Select the Quick or Advance Scan option as per your preference.
Step-3. Select the Highlighted Emails ( deleted emails in red color) you need.
Step-4. Browse the Destination Location & also Set the resultant File format.
Step-5. In the end, Click on the Export button to get your hidden Outlook emails.
Automated Tool for Mac OS
If you’re working on an Apple device & require a tool that can support the apple ecosystem then don’t worry. The automated tool also comes for Apple Mac OS. The steps are almost similar with minor changes. You can opt for this in case you have an Apple divide instead of Windows.
Why Do Users Should Select The Automated Method
There are various reasons why the automated method is quite interesting. It has plenty of features that are mentioned below. These can solve your query of how do I unhide emails in Outlook safely.
- Ability to recover all the hidden or permanently deleted emails safely.
- Users can get contacts, calendars, tasks, notes & journals also with emails.
- This software is also capable to repair damaged Outlook PST file with ease.
- This software makes it possible to recover password-protected & encrypted emails.
- Users are free to use the date & category filter to get customized results as desired.
- All of the Outlook versions are supported here. Also, the Windows 11(64Bit) & below are compatible.
The Ending Words
Learning how to unhide emails in Outlook is now successful. Any one of the above-mentioned methods will definitely work as these are the most common reasons why users face such issues. You can easily unhide your emails using the above-mentioned emails.
If you’re old emails not showing in Outlook then, there is a chance that may be deleted. The above-mentioned automated method is Microsoft’s MVPs first choice for such recovery. It can get you all the required emails in just a few clicks.