How to Import ICS File to Google Calendar/ G Suite? Step-By-Step
Summary: Are you searching for how to import ICS file to Google Calendar, then your search ends here. Here you will find the complete solution to add ICS files to Google Calendar. Both of the possible solutions are discussed with the required steps so, that you can choose between them accordingly.
Hey, I have an ICS file from the earlier calendar provider. But now I want to add that file to the Google Calendar without losing any information. Is there any solution to add an ICS file to the Google Calendar without hassle?
ICS file format is widely used to represent the calendar. ICS file stored all the information such as the events details in a plain text format. Most email clients support the ICS file format such as Outlook, Gmail, Mozilla Thunderbird, etc.
But with the ICS file format, you cannot take the multiple advantages such as collaboration. Due to this, you need to upload ICS files to the Google Calendar. Let’s find out the methods and benefits of importing ICS files to Google Calendar through this article.
Table Of Content
Why Add ICS File to Google Calendar?
Let’s go through the benefits that you will get if you import ICS file to Google Calendar.
- Centralization – You can make the Google Calendar a central hub to store all the event details in one place. Due to this, the accessing and tracking of all the scheduled meetings becomes easier.
- Collaboration – If the ICS files are successfully added to the Google Calendar, then it helps for collaboration purposes. You can share the details of the meetings and appointments with the other team members.
- Cross-Platform compatibility – Google Calendars provides you the freedom of accessing it from several devices such as phones, tablets and computer.
- Public Calendar Subscription – All the public events are also easily incorporated into the Google Calendar.
- Updates – Google releases regular updates so that your Google Calendar is always up to date with the latest features.
How to Import ICS File to Google Calendar?
Basically, there are two different methods to upload ICS file to Google Calendar. One is the manual method and another one is the professional method. The manual method is performed with the help of Google’s provided options. But has some limitations. The other one is the professional method which is recommended by the experts because of the seamless importing process. Let’s elaborate on the manual method first.
How to Add ICS File to Google Calendar Manually?
The manual method is performed with the help of Google’s in-built feature. You need to follow the below steps to get the expected result.
- Step 1. Open the Google Calendar as per the required credentials.
- Step 2. Now, Click on the Gear icon from the top & choose the Settings option.
- Step 3. Choose the option of Import and Export.
- Step 4. Now, under the section of the Import and Export go with the Import option.
- Step 5. Click on the “Select the file from your computer” and Open.
- Step 6. Choose the Calendar option.
- Step 7. After successfully uploading the file to the calendar then Import.
Limitations of the Manual Method
- It is a time-consuming process for the multiple ICS files.
- You need to be good at Google technicalities.
- All of the steps should be sequentially executed to get the correct results.
- There is no data security while importing ICS to the G Suite Calendar.
Upload ICS File to Google Calendar Professionally?
Because of the limitations of the manual approach to import ICS file to Google Calendar. Experts recommend the Professional approach for successfully adding the ICS file to the Google Calendar. The experts suggest the Systools ICS to G Suite Importer Tool. This tool is well-versed in adding the ICS file to the G Suite Calendar.
Inexperienced personnel can also operate this tool easily. Here is the simple and user-interactive interface to choose the options while required. It runs the process of importing without any error. You can also import ICS file to Office 365 if required. There are different advanced features that make the process of adding ICS files to Google Calendar hassle-free.
Advanced Features of the Tool
- A complete report is generated with all of the executed steps for a detailed overview.
- Provides several import functions such as Retry, Re-run, and Delta.
- Multiple options to load the users such as Fetch, Import, and Download templates.
- No file size limitations and you can also import EML to G Suite to get all the emails in G Suite..
- Security of the data is maintained throughout the process.
Import ICS File to Google Calendar Step-By-Step
Step 1. Download the tool and Choose File System as Source & G Suite as Destination.
Step 2. Tick the checkbox of Calendar.
Step 3. Complete the Source credentials, Validate, and hit on Next.
Step 4. Now, enter the destination details in the Destination window, Validate them, and Click on Next.
Step 5. Load all the required users into the utility.
Step 6. Now in the last, click on the Start Import button.
To get the benefits of the Google Calendar, you need to import the .ics files to the G Suite Calendar. Here we have explained all the possible methods to add ICS file to Google Calendar. The manual method has some limitations that’s why experts are not recommended to use it to upload ICS files to G Suite.
The professional method is the first choice of the experts to perform uploading of ICS files to the Google Calendar. Now, it’s your choice to go with the manual method and the expert-recommended method.