Learn How to Fix Microsoft Teams Chat Disappearance Quickly
Microsoft Teams offers various facilities such as hosting meetings, application integration, video conference & chat that allow users to experience a collaborative work environment. But, suddenly, one day, you opened Teams and found out that the Microsoft Teams chat disappeared from the channels.
Well, it must be frustrating and your reaction to the same is understandable. And, frankly, many Office 365 users are facing the same issue.
Let’s have a look at one of the user queries.
“Today, I updated my Windows with the latest version then rebooted my laptop. And what I am seeing after opening my MS Teams chat? The entire chat history of the channels that I created is missing. Don’t know what to do and why it happened. ”
And, after reading such types of queries, it is clear that it’s not some random problem since a lot of users are encountering the same.
So, we did some research and came up with this article to address the problem & provide you with some effective solutions.
Let’s get started with our topic.
What Could Be The Possible Reason for Chat Not Showing in Microsoft Teams?
Chats are a really convenient way for sharing files, attachments, links, etc. And, the emojis & GIFs make it more interesting to use MS Teams chat.
Anyway, the issue here is genuinely serious. Cause if you are not able to see your past messages then that means the important files and links shared are invisible to you.
But, how can it happen?
Well, your poor internet connection might be causing a problem. Or, a huge number of chat messages might be slowing down your application to load the previous messages.
Whatever may be the reason, you can try the below solutions to get your chat conversations back to their place.
Quick Fixes for Microsoft Teams Chat Disappeared Issue
- According to some of the queries that we came across, most of the users who faced this chat disappearing problem were using the Teams desktop app. So, you can try running the web version of Teams and check whether you are able to see your chats or not.
- Secondly, try clearing the cookies and cache data of Teams data. For that, go to AppData >> Microsoft >> Teams >> Cache, then delete the cache files. Then you may see your important chat conversations.
- Another simple thing you can do is, check your internet connectivity and make sure the network connection is up to the mark.
- Furthermore, you can try sign out and sing in approach and then look for the missing chats in Microsoft Teams.
However, even after following the above solutions, sometimes users aren’t able to overcome the issues entirely.
In such cases, you can directly opt for the one-stop professional solution to migrate your Teams chats to another tenant using trusted software like Microsoft Teams Migration Tool.
In this way, you will be able to migrate the entire channel conversation with its timestamp and folder structure.
What Other Things You Can Migrate Using The Tool?
There are numerous things you can do with the help of the software. Such as,
- You can migrate Microsoft Teams, Groups, Files, Channels, and Channel chats
- Easily transfer channel message body, created date & time, from & all types of message formatting
- Along with chats, you can move files, attachments, GIFs, and links, Reply/conversation
- Also, you can conveniently migrate messages posted on multiple channels, channel message stickers, streams & inline images, etc.
- Through Delta migration, it allows you to migrate newly arrived data from the source. However, you need to make sure you don’t click on the ‘mark as complete’ button.
- Easily map source and destination to migrate MS Teams chat conversations.
Let’s go through the working procedure of the tool, however, before the migration process, you can also go through the Microsoft Teams migration checklist for an error-free migration.
Software Steps for Fixing Microsoft Teams Chat Disappearance Issue
- Download & launch the tool on your system.
- Select the source & destination as Office 365.
- Scroll down & click on ‘Teams’, then it will automatically select all the relevant options.
- In the source and destination tabs, provide respective Admin email and Application Id then Validate the required permissions.
- Now, fetch the users in the ‘Resource’ tab by clicking any one option from ‘Fetch users’, ‘Import users’, or ‘Download template’.
- After fetching the users perform a final verification by validating the source and destination permissions.
- Finally, click on the ‘Start Migration’ button to carry on transferring the MS Teams data.
Putting It All Together
It’s a very unusual situation to not be able to see your important MS Teams chats. Microsoft is working on its end to solve the ‘Microsoft Teams chat disappeared’ issue. But, the only problem is when it will come up with a full-proof solution.
So, meanwhile, you can try the above-mentioned solutions to recover your chats. And, if you want to go by expert recommendation, then migrate your Teams data using the tried and tested above-mentioned software.