Migrate cPanel Email to Office 365 & Transfer All Mailboxes
Emails are a critical component of all workplace communication. As millions of emails are sent & received daily relying on a vulnerable webmail hosting service like cPanel is not ideal. Therefore, companies that want to get ahead of the competition must Migrate cPanel email to Office 365 ecosystem.
This is because time and time again Microsoft has proven to be the leader in business productivity tools and Office 365 is no exception. In this article, we will be discussing the advantages of moving to Office 365 and how to go about it. Let’s get started!
Table of Contents
Reasons to Transfer cPanel Mailboxes to Office 365
Access to Additional Features: Apart from an upgraded emailing system organizations also get access to powerful tools like One Drive, Sharepoint, Exchange online, etc to satisfy all their business needs.
Improved Collaboration Capability: Direct and seamless integration with modern communication solutions like Teams, Yammer, etc adds another reason to migrate cPanel email to Office 365.
Buffed-up Security and Availability: cPanel has unfortunately been a target of many cyber-attacks leading to the loss of vital data. On the other hand, Office 365 comes with features like Windows Defender and also allows to setup custom security protocols.
Automatic Scaling and Maintenance: Users of Office 365 need not worry about their services getting stuck as it adjusts resources automatically whenever demand increases.
Read More: How to Perform Zimbra to Microsoft 365 Migration Easily
However, to enjoy all these features and upgrades users first have to change their service provider. Don’t worry, we have a sure-shot solution for all users.
Migrate cPanel Email to Office 365 Easily with an Automated Tool
SysTools IMAP to Office 365 migration software is a comprehensive package that incorporates powerful algorithms and a user-friendly UI. Moreover, it has been tailored to be accessible to any user, regardless of their technical background. Follow these steps to say goodbye to cPanel and transition to a nimble and adaptable O365 environment.
Step 1. Download and run the program, and then select the IMAP server as the source and Office 365 as the destination.
Step 2. Head to the Workload area and tick the box beside emails, then apply a Date filter.
Step 3. In the Source section on the left side menu, choose Other in the IMAP server area then put the rest of the details when prompted by the tool.
Step 4. Verify the administrator details of your Office 365 account and then press the Next button.
Step 5. Then attach the users via direct Import or download modify and upload the template present in the tool.
Step 6. Preview users, select all or choose specific ones, validate, and commence the possess by pressing Start Migration.
Next up we have a longcut way to perform the same process.
Manual Way to Transfer cPanel Mailboxes to Office 365
Although a manual method is available it is not recommended. Some of the reasons why this is the case:
- Requires unnecessary time and effort for repetitive tasks.
- Increases the chances of errors like data loss.
- Needs the help of an MBOX conversion tool.
- Technical and confusing at times.
More reasons will become obvious when we discuss the process further. Additionally, it is an indirect means of data transfer, so we divide it into three stages. Let’s begin with the first one.
Stage 1: Get the Email Data to Local Storage
- Log in to the cPanel service with your credentials.
- Locate and click on the “Email Accounts” function.
- Pick the “CHECK EMAIL” next to the email account to move its data.
- Next up, select the webmail client you have added, otherwise select the default “Roundcube” to view your email messages.
- Press CTRL+A to choose all emails from a particular folder & migrate cPanel email to Office 365.
- When the selection is complete, right-click and choose Export from the dropdown list.
- In the pop-up that appears, keep the “Download into an MBOX file” selection and hit the Ok button.
- Put the downloaded data in an easy-to-find location on your PC.
Stage 2: Convert the MBOX File to the Outlook Compatible PST Format
As there is no direct method for this conversion, we give you the best industrial standard MBOX converter to make the switch in a few steps.
- Download & launch the tool on your machine
- In the ‘Add files’ section, choose MBOX.
- Select the files downloaded in the previous stage.
- Preview to see if all data is intact then choose ‘PST’ as the output format
- Finally, hit the Export button and save your file in a secure location.
Stage 3: Transfer PST File to Office 365 from the Local Source
- Open the Outlook desktop client
- Navigate to the File tab in the top side menu and click on it.
- From the various options select Import/ Export
- A window opens up choose “Import from another program or file” and press Next.
- In the type mark the Outlook Data File (.pst), then proceed by hitting Next.
- Choose the folder to import and then press the “Finish” button.
Read More: The Simple Ways to Migrate SquirrelMail to Office 365 & Move Email Data
With this complicated process, one thing is clear the admins must choose the automated tool which reduces time, effort, and the chances of an error.
In this blog, we covered the entire procedure to migrate cPanel email to Office 365 environment. Moreover, we explained the manual technique and included an expert remedy to overcome all issues. Now that the user has all the knowledge, it’s up to them to make the right call and go with the automated utility for an easy data transfer.