Transfer Emails from Bluehost to Office 365 (Microsoft 365) Effortlessly
Bluehost is a veteran in providing domain registration and web hosting services. However, the absence of core business-related tools for storage, communication, etc has made its users consider other options like Office 365. Therefore, there has been a dramatic increase in queries asking for a method to migrate email from Bluehost to Office 365. In light of such situations, we came up with this article, which includes reasons, manual solutions, and the professional utility for doing the data transfer. Before diving into the solution, let’s go over the causes of the switch.
Reasons to Migrate Email from Bluehost to Office 365
Office 365 has inbuilt solutions for any business demand which can be frozen for a fact by the following.
- Want a platform to conduct online meetings and collaborate across the globe, use Teams.
- Need a secure place to store data, get One Drive storage.
- Require a dedicated server that expands according to demand Exchange Online is there for you.
Moreover, all of these key functionalities are not present within Bluehost.
Additionally, the lack of features is not the only thing holding Bluehost back. It has suffered from a fair share of controversies and security breaches like the ones mentioned below:
- Bluehost voluntarily suspended the web pages of some of their customers resulting in widespread outrage, as mentioned in an article in Newsweek magazine.
- The Syrian Electronic Army breached Bluehost’s security leading to many customers losing access to their webmails and other vital data.
- In 2019, a top-rated magazine (WebsitePlanet) published a shocking revelation that many hosting services like Bluehost included a massive client-side vulnerability.
Source: Bluehost. (2023). In Wikipedia.
So now it is all the more clear that switching to a more secure webmail provider is necessary. First, learn the basic manual method to accomplish our task.
Perform Bluehost to Office 365 Migration Manually
Here are the steps to switch your webmail service from Bluehost to Office 365 now called Microsoft 365.
Step 1. Login to the Office 265 admin center, add users then purchase and assign licenses for them.
Step 2. Create a TXT to verify and set up your domain in Microsoft 365.
- Login to the DNS provider site(Bluehost).
- Find the location to add the TXT record and update the Name, value & TTL.
- In the Domains section of the Admin Center click on verify.
Step 3. Modify the nameserver records on the Domain registrars website to comply with the following values:
- 1st-nameserver: ns1.bdm.microsoftonline.com
- 2nd-nameserver: ns2.bdm.microsoftonline.com
Step 4. Create a CSV file containing the Email-id, Username, and Password of all users whose data needs to be moved from Bluehost to Office 365.
Step 5. Establish a migration endpoint to synchronize Office 365 with the source email system.
Step 6. Make a migration batch, and then start the migration.
Step 7. Verify by sending a test mail and ask the users to do the same.
Step 8. Modify the MX record to enable your email system to start delivering mail to Office 365 instead of Bluehost.
Step 9. Confirm the re-routing and stop email sync from the original server.
Step 10. Delete the batch migration once everything is set up and working properly.
This method is highly complicated and time-consuming to avoid it we have a better solution.
Automated Tool to Migrate Email from Bluehost to Office 365
Among all other data transfer tools present in the market, SysTools IMAP to Office Migrator is unique in itself. This is because it has been designed with the goal of simplifying the process of migrating email data from Bluehost to Office 365. Additionally, the utility makes data shifting easier by combining modern algorithms with an easy-to-use interface.
Go through the steps given below and learn to use the tool for yourself.
Step 1. Download and install the utility then on the main screen choose IMAP as source and Office 365 as target.
Step 2. Navigate to the Workload section and mark the box next to emails, then choose the required Date filter.
Step 3. In the left side menu, head to the Source section and pick Other from the IMAP server field; then, provide the necessary information in the given space.
Step 4. Type in the Admin email ID and the Application ID, once validated press “Next”
Step 5. Either directly upload a premade CSV file or download a template first and customize it and upload the resulting file.
Step 6. In the end, validate the chosen users and press the Start Migration button.
Also Read: Get the Technical Tutorial to Migrate Dovecot to Office 365 With Ease
Next, we discuss a few more reasons to choose the tool over the tedious manual technique.
The Outstanding Facilities of the Software
This tool is the ideal option for Bluehost to Office migration, as it offers a number of advantageous features such as.
- The ability to transfer the data of 20 users simultaneously.
- Maintain all folder structure and permissions
- This tool provides you with in-depth reports of the entire migration.
- Experience no data loss during data transition.
- Utilize the advanced Date filter feature and move folders from a specific time period.
Read More: A Guide to Migrate Calendar from G Suite to Office 365 Environment
We initially discussed the justification to migrate email from Bluehost to Office 365, followed by the default method. Furthermore, a tool was highlighted which could be used to make the migration process simpler, thereby eliminating any difficulties that arise from manual approaches.