G Suite and Office 365 are the topmost technologies, popular among users for the cloud-based services. When Microsoft Office applications attract the user towards Office 365 for the professional environment, the ease of G Suite diverts the users towards it. Both of them provide almost similar services to enhance their organization’s efficacy to the next level. But, the user interface of the G Suite is more simple and provides easy access compared to MS Office 365. Furthermore, the service plans offered by O365 are very expensive in comparison to the G Suite. Hence, the need to migrate Office 365 to G Suite arises.
Considering all of these requirements of users, a complete step-wise manual as well as an automated solution i.e. Office 365 to Google Apps Migration Tool is given. The solutions described here will surely help users to switch from Office 365 to Google Apps. Before any further due let’s just dive into the process.
Table of content
To move Office 365 mailbox data to G Suite account in a cost-effective way, a user needs to follow all these step-wise procedures that are discussed below. But before you begin the process to migrate Office 365 to G Suite, keep an eye on these points:
1. Make sure that your legacy environment is supported i.e. you are moving data from EWS (Exchange Web Services) environment: Exchange 2013/ 2010/ 2007/ 2003 and Office 365 to G Suite.
2. The Data Migration Service is compatible with G Suite Enterprise, Students, Basics, and Business account only. Therefore, make sure that your G Suite account is one of them.
3. A legacy environment needs to be set up before you use data migration services to forward O365 email to Gmail.
4. Enable the impersonation feature in your Office 365 account.
Now, the process to migrate Office 365 to G Suite will only start when the user set up data migration services. After that only, the process of migration from Exchange Online to Google Apps will start.
Set the Data Migration Service
To begin the migration process, a user first needs to set the data migration service manually by following the steps mentioned below:
1. You need to sign in to the Google Admin console by using an administrator account, which does not end with @gmail.com
2. Now, in the Admin console, click on the Data Migration option. If the option is not visible, click on the More Controls option from the bottom this will help in moving Office 365 mailbox data to G Suite.
3. Then, choose the Email option from the displayed list and click on the Continue button.
4. Here, an Email Migration screen will open:
1. Choose the MS Office 365 mail server from the displayed Migration list, which matches your legacy environment
2. Then, choose the Connection Protocol for the legacy mail server by selecting an option:
a) If you do not know the protocol, then choose the Auto Select (Recommended) option.
b) To mention the URL of Exchange Web Services for legacy service, choose Exchange Web Services option and enter the URL. The URL is the complete address that Microsoft Exchange uses to communicate with Microsoft Exchange Web Services.
c) After that, you need to enter the MS Office 365 account email address and password. Then, just click on the Connect option.
5. If the connection fails in between, then you need to make sure that Office 365 account connection protocol information is correct or not. After that, click on the Connect button. (Optional)
6. After that, accept the default option for the Migration start date and Migration options sections. You can also exclude the data that you do not want to migrate or can customize the migration start date accordingly
(Note: Users can select the migration data type as contacts & calendars also as per the requirement)
7. In last, click on Select Users option and move to the next section below so that you can switch from Office 365 to Google Apps.
Migrate Office 365 to G Suite for Single User
After setting up a data migration service, you are now all set for moving Office 365 mailbox data to G Suite. To do the same for a single user, follow the steps mentioned below:
1. Click on Add icon >> Select user option
2. After that, enter the Office 365 email address in “Migrate From” field
3. Then, type Google Apps email address in “Migrate To” field
4. Now, click on the Start button and begin Office 365 to G Suite (Gmail) migration process
5. The process completed successfully displaying all details of migration like to, from, and status
6. When the process completed successfully, click on Settings >> Exit Migration option
Migrate Office 365 to Google Apps for Multiple Users
1. Click on the Add icon >> Select Multiple Users option
2. After that, click on the Attach file option to upload a CSV file containing multiple legacy email addresses and the new Google Apps email addresses. You can click on the Use CSV link to know how to format the file via data migration service
3. Then, click on the Upload button and start Office 365 to G Suite (Gmail) migration
4. When the process completed successfully, click on Settings >> Exit Migration option
By following the above-discussed manual steps to migrate Exchange Online to G Suite carefully, all your emails from Office 365 account would be transferred successfully to G Suite. In the same way, a user can migrate contacts and calendars from Office 365 to Google Apps.
SysTools Office 365 to G Suite Migration Tool is the advanced tool that overcomes all the limitations of the manual method. The utility helps in moving Office 365 mailbox data to G Suite without any data loss. At a time all emails, contacts, calendars, documents can be migrated from Office 365 account to G Suite.
The tool also provides multiple filter options for selective data migration. It has very simple and easy to use graphical user interface such that it efficiently migrate Office 365 to G Suite. Users don’t have to worry about the data because this tool guarantees to perform the migration process without any data loss.
1- Run SysTools Office 365 to G Suite Migrator and select the source and destination platform
2- Choose the Category and apply a date filter
3- Enter the admin credentials of source i.e. Office 365
4- Enter the admin credentials of destination i.e. G Suite
5- Fetch users and assign priority if required
6- Click on the Start Migration button to initiate the process
Migrate Office 365 to G Suite is one of the most popular searches these days on the internet. Considering the manual method, it is quite lengthy and complex to perform. Thus to make it more understandable to our users, we have discussed a step by step process to migrate Office 365 to Google Apps account. Using this solution, the user can easily accomplish their goals of data migration from Office 365 to G Suite.