How to Export Yahoo Mail to Outlook? Complete Guide
Yahoo is one of the most used email services by working professionals due to its unique features. But, with advancements in technology users are shifting to other platforms for higher security and better performance. However, not everyone knows how to transfer their files from one platform to another. But you don’t need to worry anymore as this article will provide you with an easy step by step guide following which you can export Yahoo mail to Outlook.
Table of Contents:
Why do you Need to Transfer Yahoo Mail to Outlook?
There are multiple reasons that contribute to the need to export Yahoo mail to Outlook. Let us discuss some of them in brief.
- It is well known that emails are a primary mode of communication amongst working professionals. Due to this many users want to access their emails even in offline mode. Hence, Outlook allows its users to read and clear the backlog emails even in offline mode.
- Outlook also has higher security, a user-friendly interface, and high server response time when compared to Yahoo. This makes the users want to transfer Yahoo mail to Outlook.
- Your email messages contain a lot of important information in the form of attachments like documents, notes, invoices, images, etc. You don’t want to lose all your important data due to a cyber attack or accidental deletion. Thus, the need to create a backup of your emails increases.
Read More: How to Split Outlook PST File
Manual Method to Export Yahoo Mail to Outlook
- Open the “Outlook” app and log into your mail account.
- Click on “File” at the top left side of your screen and then go to “Account and Social Network settings”.
- Now select “Account settings” and then under the email section click on “New”.
- Provide the asked details such as “Name”, “Email address” and “Password”.
- Click on “Next” and Outlook will link your email account.
Outlook will now export your Yahoo emails and you can access them. If you find any difficulty in this manual method then an alternate solution to export Yahoo mail to Outlook will be using professional software. Let us understand how you can do this easily in detail.
Professional Software to Transfer Emails from Yahoo to Outlook
An ideal solution to your problem will be to export Yahoo mail to Outlook using professional Yahoo backup software. You can create a backup of your Yahoo mails by creating it into a PST file, which is supported by Outlook, and then importing all your data there.
Steps to Export Yahoo Mail to Outlook
Let us discuss how you can do this easily by following the below mentioned steps:
- Go to “All Programs” and then open Yahoo Backup software, provide your Yahoo login credentials, and then click on “Login”.
- Now select the “email format” to “PST” so that you can export the downloaded file easily into Outlook.
- Choose the file type and destination where you want your files to be saved. Click on “Browse” to select the destination and then click “OK”.
- The “Delete After Download” option allows you to delete all your data from the server after you are done downloading your mail files on your computer.
- The “E-mail Filter” in this software allows you to create a backup of only the selected mail folders within the specified time interval.
- The software will now start the process and a popup will appear after the download of your mail files has been completed successfully. Now click on “OK”.
You are now done with the downloading of your Yahoo mail files into Outlook. Now let us look at the steps following which you can finally export Yahoo mail to Outlook.
- Open the “Outlook” app and click on “File” at the top left side of your screen.
- Select “Open & Export” and then click on “Import/Export”.
- Now select “Import from another program or file” option then select “Outlook Data file” option and click on “Next”.
- Next, click on the “Browse” button and select the file that you want to import.
This will now complete the process to transfer Yahoo mail to Outlook.
Why use Professional Software over Manual Method?
- Using professional software to export Yahoo mail to Outlook saves a lot of time when compared to manual methods in which the linking process takes a lot of time.
- It ensures you 100% accuracy of conversion whereas there is always a chance of data loss while using the manual method.
- You can convert your Yahoo files to other formats as well like EML, MBOX, PDF, etc. which is not available in manual method.
- While using the manual method to transfer Yahoo mail to Outlook there can be a situation where your internet connection goes down and you have to start with the process again. On the other hand, the professional software allows you to pause or resume the download process.
Users of Yahoo’s email services are switching to other platforms and not everyone knows how to transfer their mail folders. As a solution to this problem, we have discussed two methods following which you can export Yahoo mail to Outlook. However, using the manual method won’t be an ideal solution as it is very time-consuming and there are high chances of data loss. Therefore, an ideal solution for you will be to take the help of the Yahoo email backup software mentioned above in this article to make your backup process accurate and easy.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q.1 Can I export emails from Yahoo to computer?
Ans. Yes, Yahoo provides export feature to its users to download emails from Yahoo to computer. You can also configure your Yahoo account in desktop email clients such as Outlook or Thunderbird to access your emails.
Q.2 Can I add my Yahoo email into Outlook?
Ans. Yes, you can add your Yahoo email to Outlook, just go to “File” tab and click on “Info”, then “Add Account”. After that, enter your Yahoo login credentials and then click on “Connect”.
Q.3 Are Outlook emails stored locally on computer?
Ans. Yes, Outlook stores a local copy of your information on your computer which includes email messages, contacts, calendar information, etc. even without an internet connection.