How to Migrate Private Channels in Teams? Efficiently
Summary: Microsoft Office 365 is a SaaS and provides Teams application. It is used for communication between the employees in an Organization. However, due to some reasons, there is a need to move channels in Teams. Here you will find the complete guide on how to Migrate Private Channels in Teams.
Microsoft Office 365 Teams has many features such as groups, private channels, public channels, and many more. All of the features of the Teams have their own importance. The private channels in the Teams are used for communication between the permitted users only.
As per the Organization’s requirements, there are certain people in the project and to maintain their work integrity they all put into a private channel. But as the project changes then the private channels need to migrate to extract the relevant information from them. Private channels are not only used because of data privacy but for other reasons as well. Let’s find these reasons.
Table Of Content
Benefits of Creating Private Channels in Teams
There are multiple benefits of having a private channel in Teams. Let’s explore some major reasons.
- The private channels in Teams provide focused collaboration to the project members. You can make a private channel and add the specified members to that channel only for project-related queries and discussions.
- The integrity and security of the data sharing is increased. Because no one can access the information from the private channels until it becomes part of the channel. It can be important for financial-related discussions also.
- Because of the part of the private channel, the members only receive the notification from that group. It reduced the noise and distraction for the members of the channel.
- By using the approach of private channels, it is also helpful for the project managers to keep track of the status of the project from one channel only in a private mode.
After discussing the benefits of the private channels in Teams. There are different situations that occur to transfer channels between teams. Let’s explore it in detail.
Why Move Private Channel Between Teams?
Due to the continuous changes of the projects in the Organization, there are some of the employees have shifted to the new private channel as per their project. But sometimes there is a situation when some of the new project-related tasks can be achieved by the previous project.
Usually, there are different Admin roles and responsibilities in Office 365. But, at that time the Teams administrator came into the picture to migrate the private channels in Teams. Due to the unavailability of the manual method to transfer channels between teams. Teams administrators are using the professional method to move private channels between Teams.
How to Migrate Private Channels in Teams Professionally?
Due to the absence of the manual method and to maintain the data privacy of the Teams channels. The administrators prefer the Teams Migration tool to move private channel between Teams. During the migration, the whole data of the channels is kept as safe and secure. You also need to follow the Microsoft Teams Migration checklist for the successful migration.
One of the reasons to use this tool is its user-friendly interface due to which a non-technical user can also operate this tool. This tool has multiple features that make the migration of private channels easy. Using this tool you can also migrate Microsoft Teams from one tenant to another effortlessly.
Features that Make the Process Easy
- Migrate Microsoft Teams, Groups, Files, Channels, and Channel chats.
- Also migrate Teams Site, Links, members, and members permissions.
- Maintains the folder hierarchy throughout the process.
- Maintain the modifying record of messages by Timestamps.
- Provides option of Delta Migration for the newly arrived data.
- Compatible with the Windows 10 and Windows Server 2012 & 2016 versions.
Also Read: How to Solve Microsoft Teams Chat Disappeared quickly.
Step-By-Step Solution to Migrate Private Channels in Teams
Step 1. Download and Run the tool on the system.
Step 2. Select Office 365 for both Source and Destination.
Step 3. Now, under the workload click on the Teams, then the Team creation, channel creation, channel message, and files selected automatically. You can also select the groups if required.
Step 4. In the Source tab, Enter the Admin Email and Application ID. Click on the Validate button for the successful validation. After the validation is completed hit on Next.
Step 5. It’s time to enter the details of the destination. Enter the destination email and Application ID. Validate them and hit on Next.
Step 6. Here comes the Resource tab under the Users screen, You can load the users through distinct options such as Fetch users, Import Users, and Download Template as per the need.
Step 7. Now come to the Teams screen, add the Teams from Fetch Teams, Import Teams, and Download Template options.
Step 8. Now click on the Start Migration to start the process.
Step 9. When the migration of Teams gets completed. Click on the Re-Run Migration dropdown and select the Mark Teams Complete option.
Step 10. If you want to migrate the Groups then open the Groups screen and fetch the groups.
Step 11. After the groups are visible on the screen, Click on Start Migration to migrate the groups.
Note: – In the drop-down of the Re-Run Migration there are multiple options. But these options only work if you do not click on the Mark Teams Complete option.
- Retry Failed items – If the migration fails because of any reason, then you can run the migration for the failed items.
- Re-Run Full Migration – If you want to run the migration again then use the Re-Run Ful Migration.
- Delta Migration – Use this option to migrate the newly arrived data during the process of migration.
The most asked query How to migrate private channels in Teams is solved. Basically, there is a need to move channels between Teams when a new project is assigned to a member that requires data from the previous channel. At that time you start searching, for how to migrate the channel. However, there is no manual method to perform the migration of channels. So, through this article, we have explained the complete step-by-step solution which is experts recommended to move private channel between teams.