Are you trying to switch over to Microsoft Office 365 and wondering how to move email from Gmail to Office 365? Then, this article is for you. We have searched for the solution of this common query asked by Gmail users over the various forums. After finding the solutions we have selected the top 2 methods to migrate Gmail email to Office 365.
Since the initial release in June 2011, MS Office 365 becomes the most dominant cloud platform available today. Due to Office 365 integrated cloud-based service, it has opened a number of a new ways for business in terms of collaboration and productivity. Although, there are number of peoples who like to switch from their current platform (like Gmail, Outlook, Hotmail, Yahoo) to Office 365 suite. But, they have been hesitant to take the leap and migrate over the cloud. It’s all because of the lack of information & techniques available for the migration to help them. As we all know that each user data is important for them, and nobody wanna lose its data during the migration. So, to help you those Gmail users who like to move email from Gmail to Office 365, we have written this article. This will help you in migrating complete Gmail account data without any hassle to Office 365 platform.
Elizabeth Matthews asks on Microsoft forum – “Hello All! In my organization, we are currently using free Gmail as our default email client. But, due to the storage limitation of Gmail, we have decided to switch over to Office 365 cloud platform. We have across 100+ employees and we need to migrate each user Gmail account data to Office 365 online. Please provide me the solution so that I can complete this task easily and quickly. Thanks in Advance!!”
Rippan Roy on Quora Asks – “Greeting Everybody, I am facing some problem with Gmail. My Gmail account storage is full and I cannot store any more data in my Google account. My College had assigned us Office 365 education account. But, I don’t know how I can migrate Gmail email to Office 365. I have no technical knowledge, please give me a free solution with screenshots. I will be grateful to you.”
There are multiple Gmail users while trying to switch over to the Office 365 platform to ask these type of queries. If you have similar kind of problem, then we have two solutions for you. Read the whole blog carefully and choose the method that suits your requirements.
Before starting with how to Move email from Gmail to Office 365, you should also know why you should move first. To understand this, read the below-mentioned reasons:
1. Managing Emails using folder structure of Office 365 is quite easy as compared to labels of Gmail
2. Office 365 interface is simple as easy to user, whereas Gmail has an outdated layout
3. Office 365 apps like ppt, docs, sheets are more user compatible and friendly
4. Gmail only provides 15 GB of storage space, which is very less compared to today.
The easiest and fastest way to move Gmail email to Office 365 account is by using automated tools. The benefit of using an automated tool is that they are no chances of error and they don’t require any technical knowledge for migration. Also, this solution is best suitable for those who want to migrate multiple user’s Gmail account data to Office 365 simultaneously.
Features of Using Automated Tool
1. The simple and fast migration process
2. Filter option to move selected emails
3. Incremental option to migrate new emails only
4. Category filter to move selective category of Gmail account data
1. First, download and install Gmail backup tool
2. Login into your Gmail account from the software
3. Choose the category as “PST” and Apply filter.
4. Browse the destination location for the PST file >> Click on Export button
1. Now, Open MS Outlook and Go to File >> Add Account
2. In the Add Account option, fill the details of Office 365 account data >> Next
3. Now again go to files >> Open >> Import
4. Select Import from another file or program option
5. Now, choose Outlook data file (.pst) option >> Next.
6. Browse the location of the PST file and click the finish button
7. After this, all the PST file will be imported into Office 365 id
Important Note: If you want to move email from Gmail to Office 365 for multiple users then After Step 1 use Office 365 Import Tool. This software will help you in importing multiple PST files into Office 365 account of multiple users simultaneously.
This method is for all those Gmail users who wish to move email from Gmail to Office 365 account for free. Although this method is totally free, it can be quite tricky and confusing during the migration process also. Still, we have tried to explain it in the simplest manner below:
Step 1: Configure Gmail into Outlook
Open Outlook and click on Add Account >> Login >> Enter the details of Gmail account >> Finish.
Step 2: Export Gmail data into PST format
Open MS Outlook >> Go to File >> Import >> Export to a file >> Outlook data file (.pst) format
Step 3: Configure Office 365 Account into Outlook
Repeat Step 1 and enter Office 365 account id
Step 4: Import PST file into Office 365 Online Account
Go to MS Outlook >> File >> Import >> Import from another file or program >> Outlook data file (.pst) >> Browse the PST file generate in Step 2 >> Finish.
Wait for the Outlook to synchronize all the emails from a PST file into Office 365 Account. After completion, you can view all the emails in your office 365 account.
This blog contains the top two solutions to move email from Gmail to Office 365 in the easiest way. Both the method are simple and easy to use. Automated steps are more preferable than the manual method because it can increase confusion. You can choose any method in which you prefer to migrate Gmail email to Office 365 webmail.