Migrate AWS WorkMail to Office 365 Using Technical Tips
Summary: Discover how to migrate AWS WorkMail to Office 365 by following the tutorial present here. Learn about the prerequisites, the manual method, as well as an automated utility that professionals use.
In the realm of business email communication, there are many players, one of which is Amazon WorkMail. Moreover, WorkMail is directly integrated with AWS, making it a widely used email service. However, the fact is that WorkMail lags behind in key areas, such as a dedicated communication and collaboration tool. Meanwhile, Office 365 has Teams and much more, all at a competitive price.
So users from many different industries look to transfer their WorkMail data to Office 365. Let’s first figure out the prerequisites for the process.
Prerequisites of A Successful AWS WorkMail to Office 365 Migration
If preparation is done in the right way, you will encounter little to no issues during the actual migration. Therefore, it becomes all the more essential to configure the settings carefully. Below is a list of things that need to be sorted out beforehand.
- Directly add the Amazon domain name for your IMAP business, to your Microsoft 365 account as an accepted domain.
- After the domain confirmation is successful, attach users to the Office 365 service so that an endpoint is available for the data transfer.
- Now create a migration CSV file containing the username, email ID, and password of all users.
- Find and save the FQDN of the current IMAP server and make changes to the firewall settings to allow multiple IMAP connections. Then, increase the number of connections for your IMAP server.
- Get admin account-level permissions to freely retrieve the data of all mailboxes that exist within the IMAP server.
Also Read: The Method to Migrate Proton Mail to Office 365 with all Data Intact
Now it’s time for the manual technique to perform the migration task.
Manually Migrate AWS WorkMail to Office 365
Be sure to adhere to the following instructions to avoid any complications during migration.
- Visit the New EAC (Exchange Admin Center) on any browser.
- Go to “Migration” and press “Add migration batch”.
- In Add migration page enter a new name. “Test-Amzn-Office”.
- Pick “Migrate to Exchange Online” in the dropdown list select path and hit “Next”.
- Check the “Prerequisites for IMAP migration page”. Fix all issues and press Next.
- Attach a target via the “Set a migration endpoint” page only type the name and hit ”Next”.
- In the IMAP migration configuration page type the source server name.
- When “new endpoint created” flashes hit “Next”.
- Find and add a CSV file of user mailbox data using the interface add it and press “Next”.
- Avoid changing anything on the “Select configuration settings” page just press the “Next” button and proceed to AWS WorkMail to Office 365.
- Once you get to the “Schedule batch migration” page create a start point as well as an end point for the current migration batch, save, and verify, before pressing “Done”.
- Get the status of the “Batch” in the “Migration” section of the main menu of EAC. Keep a tab on any user-end queries as well.
- Make changes to the MX record so that it points towards the new destination. Once done remove all traces of it from the original server.
- Finally, end the migration batch request from the EAC.
A useful way to avoid the confusing manual approach is discussed in the next section.
Professional Tool for Amazon WorkMail Migration
The market is filled with tools claiming to be the best webmail migrator. However, the reality is that most of them lack the fundamental features that make SysTools IMAP to Office 365 migrator what it is. Complete with a feature-rich UI that enables even nontechnical users to transfer their webmail data.
Go over the quick steps and understand how the tool works.
- Choose the Source and Target (IMAP, Office 365).
- Validate the source and target credentials.
- Upload user data in CSV format.
- Pick users & hit Start Migration.
Detailed Steps to Use the Utility
Here is an expansive list of steps that users need to follow if they choose to use the tool
Step 1. Download, Install, Open, and choose IMAP as the source and Office 365 as the target.
Step 2. Then, in the Workload section, mark the box next to emails and set up a time period using the Date filter.
Step 3. After that, visit the Source Tab and choose Other in the IMAP Server name. Fill in the rest of the details before hitting Next.
Step 4. Fill in the Admin email and Application ID for Office 365, then validate and press Next.
Step 5. Edit the template present in the tool and upload the CSV file. Otherwise, directly upload the file containing User data in CSV format.
Step 6. Validate all Selected Users and Hit the Start Migration button to begin the movement of data.
Advanced Features of the Software
Some of the key features that make the tool a market leader when it comes to AWS WorkMail to Office 365 Migration are given below.
- A seamless user experience that is made better with robust algorithms.
- Advanced Date filtering capabilities to migrate the data of your choice.
- Automatically get a summarized and detailed report of the entire process.
- Move up to 20 users’ data simultaneously.
- No hidden subscription fees get the entire tool with a single purchase.
- Get 24×7 support for all queries regarding the tool.
Read More: Learn to Migrate HostGator Email to Office 365 & Move All Webmail Data Easily
This article is now complete with all the details required to successfully migrate AWS WorkMail to Office 365. The prerequisites as well as the complete manual method is clearly explained. Furthermore, professional utility is mentioned to avoid the difficulties associated with manual data transfer.