Migrate HostGator Email to Office 365 & Move All Webmail Data
Summary: This blog has all the solutions to migrate HostGator email to Office 365. Users can stop struggling with the manual method and use the automated utility. Moreover, we are here to guide you every step of the way, so let’s get started.
We often encounter many user queries regarding HostGator webmail transfer. Here are some examples.
Hello, I am the IT admin of a small e-commerce company. Due to better features, our company has decided to switch from HostGator to Office 365. However, we have tried manual solutions multiple times but to no avail. Do you have any alternatives?
We used HostGator as both our domain host and webmail platform, but the lack of updates and features forced us to move our data to Office 365. That being said, is there an automated mechanism for this type of migration?
I have been using HostGator for years. Nevertheless, the vast set of utilities within the Office 365 platform has got me thinking about a transfer. Can you provide some insights into the differences between them and the advantages of switching?
This article is designed to address all of these and other related user queries. First, things first let’s establish why Office 365 hands down is the better solution.
Reasons to Change HostGator Email to Office 365
Making this change is bound to have a multitude of benefits for users and businesses alike. Here we cover the top 5 advantages of Office 365 and also tell you how HostGator falls short in comparison.
- Advanced Collaboration Tools: For a hybrid work model, Office 365 provides powerful tools like Teams and Onedrive that enhance productivity. Whereas, HostGator lacks such integrated tools making teamwork more difficult.
- Reliability and Uptime: Due to the presence of multiple servers across the globe, Office 265 is able to offer 99.9% uptime. HostGator on the other hand has a history of frequent downtime. Giving yet another reason to consider a HostGator to Office 365 Migration.
- Enhanced Security: HostGator is known for its subpar security measures and as a result, has had multiple hacking incidents in the past. However, with Office 365 users get the full might of Microsoft’s security team and the option to set custom security protocols.
- Anytime, Anywhere Access: HostGator is limited to online use only. If you are in a remote location with a poor network you won’t have access to your data most of the time. In such scenarios, Office 365 comes with utilities that can also work offline.
- Scalability and Cost Effectiveness: Office 365 expands its capabilities automatically as demand increases for no extra cost. It allows users, to focus on their actual tasks. Moreover, HostGator fails to adapt to constantly changing business needs.
Also Read: How to Migrate Proton Mail to Office 365 in Simple Ways
It is now all the more clear that Office 365 is better on every essential business parameter be it, productivity, security, or flexibility. Moreover, moving away from HostGator is the only way to get rid of its limitations. Next, we have the outline for the manual method.
Manual Steps to Migrate HostGator Email to Office 365
It’s important to note that the complexity of these steps can vary depending on factors such as the size of your organization and the specific email clients and tools you use. Consider the advice of IT professionals and use the automated tool for an error-free transfer. If you still want the manual approach here are the steps to follow.
Step 1. Set up your HostGator account in Outlook.
Step 2. Export your HostGator emails as a PST file using Outlook.
Step 3. Delete your HostGator email account from Outlook.
Step 4. Link your Outlook client to your Office 365 account via IMAP.
Step 5. Import the PST file created in Step 2 into Outlook.
Step 6. Outlook will begin importing the HostGator data into Office 365.
Step 7. Check the Office 365 account for the imported emails.
Step 8. Update the MX records to point toward the correct destination.
Professional Way to Do the HostGator to Office 365 Migration
Among the many different tools in the market only the SysTools IMAP to Office 365 migrator gives the users such robust functionality. With multiple options to select, filter, and move data the tool is the all-in-one solution for any migration needs. Moreover, with the help of a user-friendly UI, even non-technical users can transfer their data. Try the demo version to experience the ease of using the tool. Follow these steps once you complete the installation.
Step 1. Open the tool and select the source as IMAP and Office 365 as the target. Then select emails and apply the date filter in the workload section
Step 2. In the Source Tab click on the dropdown menu beside IMAP server Name and select the Other option. Fill in additional details and proceed.
Step 3. Authenticate the target with your Admin Credentials (email, App ID) then hit Next.
Step 4. Attach the user in your preferred way either add the CSV directly or download the template make changes to it and upload the resulting file.
Step 5. The final step to complete the transition from HostGator Email to Office 365 is to validate the users and hit the start migration button.
Read More: Learn to Migrate Bluehost to Office 365 In an Effortless Way
Through this article, we have established that there can be many reasons to migrate HostGator email to Office 365. Moreover, we also give clearcut instructions to achieve the transfer manually. Apart from this, an automated utility is included in the discussion to fast-track and simplify the process.