How to Migrate Google Drive to OneDrive? Most Trusted Solution
Undoubtedly, Google Drive has become the most widely used and acceptable cloud storage platform that Google has lent to all of its Gmail users for free. The G Drive allows users with 15 GB of free storage space without any cost. In this, users can store their essential documents, and even share and edit them with ease. But, with time Microsoft’s OneDrive has surpassed Google Drive when it comes to organizational storage solutions. The reason behind this is its usability and scalability. Also, more companies are switching to Microsoft’s business productivity offering. This makes it practical for the users to also migrate Google Drive to OneDrive.
As mentioned above, Microsoft OneDrive has emerged as a superior cloud storage service when considering organizational needs. OneDrive offers many additional functionalities to make it a more sensible choice. OneDrive for Business is integrated with other Office 365 services, which makes it far more productivity-focused.
How to Migrate From Google Drive to OneDrive? Different Approaches
There is a lack of practical approaches for moving any data from Google Drive to OneDrive. Still, we will present to you the most useful solution for migration and also a manual solution to complete the task. Let’s start.
Solution 1: Secure Approach to Migrate Google Drive to OneDrive
There are several ways for this task but all of them are not secure. The manual solutions are prone to data loss. Also, they consume a lot of time. So for your ease, we have included an automated solution, SysTools Google Drive to OneDrive Migrator. This is the most trusted and recommended solution to migrate GoogleDrive to OneDrive.
In this upcoming section of the blog, we have mentioned the advanced features which are rendered by the application. Have a look!
Advanced Features of the Utility
This utility has proved to be one of the best applications to perform cloud migration. It is developed by keeping novice users in mind. It is a standalone application with an easily understandable interface. Let’s discuss some features of the software.
1. Complete Migration of Data in One Go
By using this utility, users can migrate their Google Drive items like documents, pdfs, text files, etc. to Microsoft OneDrive account in a trouble-free manner. All that users have to do is provide the source and destination admin credentials and validate them to migrate Google Drive to Onedrive. Within no time, the software will migrate the files entirely.
2. Delta Migration Process
Delta migration is the type of migration process which migrates recently arrived data. With Delta or incremental migration, no data is duplicated and no data is lost during migration. Therefore, the user does not have to migrate the entire data multiple times. This feature allows users to migrate only the new data that has arrived since the last migration was performed.
3. Stop, Pause & Resume
This feature is a boon in a situation of crisis. In case of problems such as power outages or low bandwidth users can stop the processes in between. You can continue the same process or resume it later. There will be no data loss and data security is properly maintained throughout while migrating data from Google Drive to Office 365.
4. Migrate Concurrently
Concurrent migration means that the data of multiple user accounts will be migrated at the same time. This boosts the speed of the entire process and becomes less tedious as multiple accounts can be migrated in a single go. Users have to enable this option and add multiple migration projects in the source and destination windows.
5. Different Filter Options
Apart from the above-mentioned features, this software has rendered multiple features to provide ease to its users. Users can perform selective migration by applying the date filter. By doing so, the software will only migrate data between those dates.
How to Migrate From Google Drive to OneDrive? Step-by-Step Solution
- In the Migration Configuration tool section, select the source as G Suite and the destination as Office 365.
- Go to the “Workload” section to select the “Document” category and set a date range filter to move data selectively.
- Now go to the Source tab where you need to enter your G Suite admin ID and project details (for project details, click on the Steps to Create a Project link in the link below). After filling in all the fields, click the “Validate” button to confirm the entered data.
- Click the Destination tab to provide your Office 365 account information such as Administrator ID and Application ID. After completion, Validate for checking the details to migrate Google Drive to OneDrive.
- To map source and destination platforms to migrate Google Drive to OneDrive, click the Users tab and select the option you want. Here you will have two options:
- Fetch Users: This option retrieves all user accounts associated with Google Drive and lists them in the software. Then manually map each source Google Drive ID to the Destination OneDrive user ID.
- Import Users: You need to create a CSV file containing a list of G Drive and OneDrive user IDs. You can download the template from the software.
- After successfully completing the mapping, click the Validate button to authenticate each user account. To begin the procedure, click the “Start Migration” button to start the process. You can preview the current migration status in the software panel.
After the migration is completed, the tool offers the option “Download Report” in two modes: “Summary” and “Detailed”. To confirm the successful migration, the user can download these reports.
Solution 2: How to Migrate Data from Google Drive to Onedrive Manually?
This solution is not at all feasible on organizational as well as individual levels. This method requires the user to manually download every file and then upload it to OneDrive. Every user nowadays has a huge amount of data stored on cloud platforms, it would be impractical to attempt to migrate all of that data between different cloud platforms like Google Drive and OneDrive. Apart from being time-consuming, this process has several other limitations that make this method impractical. Let’s discuss some of those shortcomings:
- This process is extremely lethargic. It could take hours to migrate Google Drive to OneDrive.
- It requires a constant and fast connection to the internet. Any change in internet connection would directly impact the migration process.
- The user might even have to start over and lose all the progress if the internet connection is interrupted at any time.
- It is not possible to migrate the data in bulk. The user would have to perform the migration file by file.
- There is a considerable risk of loss of data during migration. This process could cause corruption in some files while downloading and uploading.
- This process requires a lot of user effort.
How to Migrate From Google Drive to OneDrive Manually?
- Log in to the Google Drive account.
- Locate the file you want to migrate and select it manually.
- Now, click the Download button to save that file to your computer.
- Then, switch to the Microsoft OneDrive account and upload the downloaded files one by one.
In this blog, we have included the most recommended expert solution to migrate Google Drive to OneDrive in an efficient manner. Also, the working steps of Google Drive to OneDrive migrator are very easy so that a non-tech-savvy user can perform the migration. Users can opt for the solution if it suits them.