How to Import MSG Files into Outlook Web? Efficiently
Overview: MSG files are also known as Outlook message files. These files are used to store the complete information about the email. In this write-up, you will find the complete steps to import MSG files into Outlook Web.
Query #1: The company I work for changed its email client to Office 365. I have over 70k emails which now need to be imported into Outlook. We exported all as .msg files and have them lying on a file server. How can I import them to Office 365?
Query #2: I am running an organization and now want to take the benefits of Office 365. I have all the MSG files from the previous email client. I know the manual method but it will take too much time. Can anyone help me out with the automated solution?
The MSG files are supported by different email clients such as Outlook, Thunderbird, and so on.
As per the requirement of Office 365 among the organizations, different user queries are generated regularly.
Table Of Content
Why Import MSG Files into Office 365?
You can get different benefits of Microsoft 365 by importing MSG files into Office 365. The following are some of the main advantages.
1. Centralized Email Management – Office 365 is a centralized platform through which you can manage emails at one location. If the MSG files are imported to Office 365, then it becomes easier to access and keep track of all of the emails.
2. Accessibility – Office 365 is a cloud-based platform that can be accessed from anywhere with the help of the Internet. If your MSG files are imported to Office 365 then you do not need to carry the physical storage device all the time.
3. Improved Collaboration – Office 365 provides different functionalities to improve collaboration between users. Importing MSG files to Office 365, allows you to share the emails with other team members also.
4. Enhanced Security – The MSG files in Office 365 are secure because of the advanced security algorithms of Office 365.
5. Storage – Office 365 provides storage as per the subscription plan you have. You can use that storage for multiple MSG files.
6. Data Loss Chances Reduced – In Office 365, the chances of data loss are also reduced which can happen because of the hardware or accidental deletions.
7. Easy to Search Files – Office 365 has an advanced search filter to find the required file. You can get the required file across the whole mailbox within a few seconds.
8. Option of Archiving – By importing MSG files into Office 365, you can use the Archiving feature to move emails to in-place archive separately which is no longer required.
How to Import MSG Files into Outlook Web?
Basically, there are two different methods to import MSG files into Outlook 365. One is the manual method and another is the professional method. The manual method is not advised to use by the experts because of its limitations.
The professional method is widely used because it is the expert’s choice for the safe and secure importing of MSG to Outlook. Let’s explore each method in detail.
Manually Import MSG files into Office 365
- Step 1. Launch the Outlook application.
- Step 2. Configure the Office 365 account in the Outlook desktop.
- Step 3. Press right-click on the ID of the account to create a new folder.
- Step 4. Search the MSG file.
- Step 5. Now drag and drop the MSG file to the newly created folder.
- Step 6. All the MSG files are visible to the Office 365 account now.
Limitations of the Manual Method
1. You need to be efficient at Outlook technicalities.
2. Risk of data loss.
3. Outlook stopped working in the middle of importing MSG files due to internal issues.
4. Wrongly executed steps or misjudges can create a huge problem.
5. It is a time-consuming process for multiple MSG files.
Import MSG Files into Outlook Web Professionally
The expert’s choice is SysTools Office 365 Import tool to import MSG to Outlook web. Due to the limitations of the manual method, the tool is advised to use by the experts. This tool is able to complete the import process without any errors and without hassle.
This tool is proficient for bulk importing .msg files into Outlook. It also has some advanced features that make the process simpler.
Advanced Features of the Expert’s Choice Tool
1. Smart Date-Range Filter to select the relevant data only.
2. Able to set the Account priority.
3. Generates a complete report after the process.
4. Interactive dashboard to track the whole process.
Upload MSG to Outlook 365 Step-By-Step
Step 1. Download and set the MSG as Source and Office 365 as the destination.
Step 2. Select the Source file and Next.
Step 3. Enter the Office 365 credentials for the destination.
Step 4. Fetch users and Start Import.
In this write-up, we have explained the need for Office 365 to import MSG files. The manual and automated methods are elaborated in detail. The expert’s choice is the automated tool to import MSG files into Outlook Web. So, go with the expert recommendation for the successful importing process without hassle.