Benefits of Microsoft 365 To Handle Your Data Easily
Microsoft provides many tools that are used as key tools in organizations. In its earlier days, it was known as Office 365, but after 2011 it became Microsoft 365. There are several benefits of Microsoft 365 because It comprises Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and several cloud technologies like Teams, SharePoint, OneDrive, and many more as well.
By Offering tools like SharePoint and Teams employees are connecting to each other even if they are miles away. Their features such as chats and video conferencing make collaboration easier. Its cloud services ensure that data can be accessed from anywhere at any time with the help of the Internet.
Microsoft 365 provides better security to the data. It is also using the latest algorithms that help to protect the data from data breaches by an authorized user.
Now after having a brief introduction to Microsoft Office 365. Let’s discuss Office 365 benefits in detail.
Services Offered by Office 365
Office 365 is a software on demand. The subscribers buy the O365 packages on the basis of their business requirements. An Office 365 subscriber can select the software they wish to use and they will have to pay for those applications only. Let’s explore various features/ services offered by Office 365 as a Service.
Following are some services offered by Microsoft Office 365:
- Office Web Apps: You can create and edit your Word, Excel, OneNote and Powerpoint files online.
- Hosted email: You get a business email, 25 GB of storage space.
- Office Mobile Apps: You can access, edit and view Word, PowerPoint and Excel files on iPhones and Windows Phones.
- Active Directory integration: You can manage user permissions and credentials. You can set single sign-on and synchronization with Active Directory.
- Simple file sharing: You get services of SkyDrive Pro which gives each user 7 GB of personal storage that you can access from anywhere and it syncs with your PC. You can edit who sees or edits your files and you can share them internally or externally.
- Public website: You can market your business with a website that is easy to set up also you can use your own company domain name.
- Web conferencing: You can conduct meetings via internet with HD video conferencing, instant messaging and screen sharing.
- Advanced Voice: You get a hosted voicemail support with auto attendant capabilities.
- Intranet Team Sites: SharePoint sites provide you the workspace with customizable security environments for individual teams within the organization.
- Site Mailboxes: Helps you to store and share email and files in project-specific folders, allowing for simpler team collaboration.
- Business Intelligence: You can create and manage interactive dashboards with multiple data sources.
- e-Discovery Center: You get the tools to support compliance. Provides search across SharePoint sites and Exchange mailboxes.
Top 5 Benefits Of Microsoft Office For Business
It’s time to deep dive into the advantages of Office 365 that are used to provide a seamless flow of work to the Organizations.
Benefit 1. Integration and Collaboration
As per the market trends, Microsoft 365 always comes up with the latest tools to make collaboration easier. There are already multiple tools integrated into the package like OneDrive, SharePoint, Teams, and many more as well. OneDrive provides easy usage of the documents for the users. It is making sure that data will always be accessible to the users.
Teams play an important role in communication. Microsoft designed the Teams just like the social media to do the conversations. Its simple and attractive user Interface makes it more understandable. The members can communicate and also attend the meetings from their comfort places to make decisions on projects. This is the first one of the benefits of Microsoft 365 to perform the tasks without any place barrier.
Benefit 2. PowerFull Tools For Enhanced Productivity
Along with Word Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, and much more. It introduced new powerful AI tools like PowerPoint Designer, Excel Insights, and Editor in Word to improve overall performance.
PowerPoint Designer is used to suggest better designs for the the slides to make them more attractive. Excel Insights is used to find the patterns from the data that help to make the decisions. Word editor provides suggestions while writing. It also improves the content’s grammar, style, and clarity. PowerQuery in Excel provides functionalities for data transformation and manipulation this is another benefit of the top five benefits of Microsoft 365.
Microsoft 365 also deals with the Power Apps Platform which is used to customize the applications if you are aware of the coding to automate the tasks.
Benefits 3. Provides Security for the Data
The one benefit from the benefits of Microsoft Office for business is data security. In today’s world, security is a major concern for every organization. To put all of the data to a cloud without knowing its security features is not suggested.
Microsoft offers advanced security features to protect your data from any incoming threat. It consists of Multifactor Authentication, data-loss prevention, and Advanced Threat Protection to provide a secure environment for the work from these you can take the privacy benefits of Microsoft 365.
With the help of data-loss prevention, it protects credit card information, social media details, and much more. Advanced threat protection helps to protect your data from malware attacks.
Microsoft regularly releases updates and creates security patches to protect the data from cyber-attacks. It regularly fixes the bugs for the advancement of security.
Benefit 4. Scalability and Flexibility
Microsoft provides the feature to scale up its services. If you are a small business then you can opt for the fewer services of Microsoft 365. As the organization’s size increases, you can increase the plan of Office 365 because it has different plans like E3 and E5. There is also the difference between Microsoft 365 E3 and E5 plans.
It offers several plans from the individual to the large business. All the plans are scalable as per the requirements of the organizations. It works on the subscription model. You will pay as you consume the resources and services of Microsoft 365. In the benefits of Microsoft 365, flexibility is also a feature of Office 365.
It is flexible to use. Due to cloud service, you can access the data from anywhere at any time. But make sure you are connected to the Internet. It is easily accessible on different platforms like phones, tablets, and personal desktops as well. This functionality helps to work from any location on any device.
Benefit 5. IT Management
To manage the multiple tools from the different providers is a tough task for the admin. Microsoft comes up with the all required tools that are easy to manage. There is a requirement for multiple admins to manage multiple accounts, but having a single account of Microsoft 365 is easy to manage by admin.
Most of the headache is reduced by the admin because it is a Software as a Service product. It maintains their regular updates and also improves their server performance on a regular basis. Then you can take the benefits of Microsoft 365 for reducing the workload of admin. Microsoft also takes care of the infrastructure to improve its security.
For the training of Microsoft 365, they are providing the sessions so that the admin can easily operate it and provide support wherever required.
Benefits of Microsoft 365 Personal
Microsoft 365 provides some special plans for personal usage. It is providing 1 TB of space. It is highly secure from the cyber-attacks. You will get Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and OneNote with the offline access. It provides an advanced security program for the security. You can use the OneDrive for storing the documents. Basically there is a difference between OneDrive and OneDrive for Business. Microsoft Editor is included to correct the spelling and grammar.
Microsoft 365 provides the Clipchamp video editor with filters and effects. During any issue, there is support available to resolve your issue. The Personal plan can be used on any device whether it is a phone or PC. You can connect the five devices simultaneously. These are some benefits of the Microsoft 365 personal plan.
Benefits of Microsoft 365 Family
There are many benefits of Microsoft 365 Family Plan. This is applicable to the six people. It has 6 TB of cloud storage, 1 TB for each one. One person can use the five devices simultaneously. Do not need to worry about the supporting system, it works on a PC, phone, or tablet. You are able to access Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and OneNote with offline access. Proper security is provided with the help of Microsoft Defender.
OneDrive data is also protected from ransomware attacks to access the files and photos. Microsoft Editor is there to help you write grammatically correct. Clipchamp video editor is also there with premium filters and effects to provide you with a better video experience. During any issue, while using Office 365, you can contact the support team via chat or email.
Benefits of Microsoft 365 For Education
There are several benefits of Microsoft for Education. Some of them are.
- Accessibility – The teachers can access Office 365 from anywhere either from the institution, or home. They can operate it on their desktop, laptop, or phone.
- Collaboration – Office 365 makes life easier for teachers to share files with their peers. They can connect to the meeting from their home and also communicate with others.
- Access to Instructors – students can communicate with the instructor by sending messages. They can clear their doubts on a regular basis.
- Learn from everywhere – Students can also learn from everywhere whether they are at home or school. They will also become aware of the latest technologies.
- Secured Platform – Teachers can share private data easily. There is no chance of data loss because of a cyber attack.
Problem Arises in Microsoft 365
Suppose you are starting with a small enterprise and took a plan of Microsoft 365 to handle the enterprise data seamlessly. You are doing great in the business. But there is a requirement to enhance the staff. Then you hired some more employees.
Now, the problem is to manage their accounts as well. But as per your plan, you can only add a few employees to Office 365. There is a feature to upgrade the Microsoft 365 plan to add more employees. You can upgrade your plan easily. After analyzing the benefits of Microsoft 365, the challenge is how to migrate all of the data to the upgraded plan.
Handle the Migration Issue in Microsoft 365
Migration of Office 365 to Office 365 is a cumbersome task for the large data set. There are several problems arise while performing the migration. Your data can be corrupt or lost due to any failure during the migration. You need to be good at technicalities. But with the help of SysTools Office 365 to Office 365 Migration tool you can easily migrate the data. It is taking care of data security while performing the migration. Using this tool, all the benefits of Microsoft Office for business are not affected. You can migrate the data without any interruption by some steps.
- Step 1. Download and set up the tool, and select Office 365 as the source and the destination as well.
- Step 2. Select the data for migration from emails, tasks, contacts, calendars, documents, and categories.
- Step 3. Apply the Date filter on all the selected options to filter out the required data for migration.
- Step 4. Enter the Email ID and Application ID of the Source, then click on Validate and Next.
- Step 5. Enter the destination details, then click on Validate and Next.
- Step 6. Select the users from the options of Fetch User, Import CSV, and Download template to manually add users click on Validate and Start Migration.
Microsoft 365 plays a significant role in the organizations for managing their data. It is reducing the expenses of the organizations. This is a good fit for any kind of enterprise whether it is small or large. Choose Microsoft 365 to give a seamless flow to the employees for their better performance and use all the benefits of Microsoft 365.