Google Vault Export to PST – A Complete Guide
Summary: Are you looking for Google Vault export to PST file? So, do not worry through this writeup, you will get to know the importance of migrating from Google Vault to PST/Outlook file with the different solutions step-by-step. So, you can choose between them as per the requirements.
Google offers the Google Vault to store the archive data according to the retention policies. Google Vault helps to archive, retain, search, and export data. It is the add-on to the Google Workspace apps to make the workflow for businesses easier.
You can export Google Vault data to the PST file in two different ways first one is the Google Vault in-built export option and the next one is the professional method. But before deep diving into the solution let’s look at Google Vault and its benefits for the organizations.
Table Of Content
- Benefits of Using Google Vault
- Different Ways for Performing Google Vault Export to PST
- Final Words
Benefits of Using Google Vault
Google provides several features such as searching, retaining, archiving, holding, and exporting. It supports Gmail messages, Drive files, chats, recording, sites, and many more data. You can also perform Google Vault to Office 365 migration if required. There are different benefits you can get if you migrate from Google Vault to PST and some of them are as follows.
- Retaining – You can set a particular time period to preserve the data by using the retention rules. The data remains available even when the users delete it.
- Remove from User accounts – If the data is sensitive and you do not want to keep the data in the user accounts. Then you can delete that from Vault as a result the data automatically deletes from the user accounts.
- Search feature – It provides the search feature to find the data using the date, keyword, message, and many more options as well.
- Hold – There is also an option to put the data on hold of accounts, and groups and set the limit for hold.
- Export – Export the data whenever required in different file formats such as PST, and MBOX.
Different Ways for Performing Google Vault Export to PST
Basically, there are two ways for Google Vault to export to a PST file. One is the inbuilt method of Google Vault and the other one is the professional method. Both methods can be used to export Google Vault data to the PST file. Let’s get a detailed discussion on both to help you to choose the best one for you.
Migrate from Google Vault to PST Using the Manual Method
You can export the data as per the requirement from the Google Vault for further analysis or save it locally. Before starting the process of exporting you should take care of some important points such as
- Do not run more than 20 exports simultaneously.
- Make sure that you are not having special characters as the export process name.
- If the process takes too much time, then cancel it and start again.
- Search the data to be exported carefully.
Now it’s time to start the Google Vault export to PST process that is different from the steps to export Google Workspace emails to PST. Follow the below steps in the given order to get the expected results.
Step 1. Go to your Google Vault account and log in with the credentials.
Step 2. Select “Matters” and click on Create for new matter.
Step 3. Provide a name to the matter and proceed.
Step 4. Choose the service from Gmail, Drive, Group, or Chat for email export.
Step 5. Select the data through the options such as All Data, and Unprocessed Data.
Step 6. Choose All accounts, designated accounts, or organizational units.
Step 7. Enter the targeted email for export and Search.
Step 8. Review and Save.
Step 9. Give a name to the Save Query and then OK.
Step 10. To verify the emails and mailboxes use the count option.
Step 11. Click on Export and assign a name to the PST file from Google Vault.
Step 12. Choose PST as saving format and hit on the Download option.
Limitations of the Manual Method
- Exports PST from Google Vault is a time-consuming process for large data sets.
- No advanced options to make the exporting process easier.
- Required to be proficient at Google Vault technicalities.
- This is not an automated method due to which the chances of errors are increased.
- The process can be stuck in between.
- The exported data is no longer available after 15 days of starting the export process.
Google Vault Export to PST Professionally
This is the professional method to export Google Vault data to the PST file. You should use the most reliable Google Vault Downloader to get the Google Vault data into the system.
To operate this tool, you do not require any technical expertise. This is easy to operate and exports a large amount of data quickly. This tool also has some key features that make the process smooth and secure.
Key Features of the Automated Tool
- Provides a Date Range filter to select the data.
- Interactive dashboard for tracking the process.
- Maintains data security throughout the process of exporting.
- A complete report is generated after the process ends.
- Split the large PST file automatically to migrate from Google Vault to PST efficiently.
Exports PST from Google Vault Step-By-Step
Step 1. Download and Select Google Vault as the Source and Outlook as the Destination.
Step 2. Tick the checkbox of Email & Document and apply Date Filter.
Step 3. Enter the source credentials such as Admin Emails Validate them and hit on Next.
Step 4. Browse the location to save the resultant file and Next.
Step 5. Load the users using the Fetch User, or Import User, and Download template option and Next.
Step 6. After the validation of the users click on the Start Download button to start the Google Vault export to PST process.
Google Vault Export to PDF
To export Google Vault to PDF there is no direct method available. First of all, you need to migrate from Google Vault to PST then you can convert that file into a PDF file.
Using any of the above-explained methods, you can pick the right one and export the Google Vault data into the PST file and after that convert it to a PDF file. You can do so by using the PST to PDF converter tool which is also the expert’s first choice for an efficient and hassle-free process.
Google Vault is an effective solution for archiving the Google Workspace data. The data can be exported into multiple file formats whenever required. That’s why through this write-up, we have explained the different methods for Google Vault export to PST. The professional method is the best one for MS Outlook users so that they can import PST to Outlook 365 to access all the data into Outlook.