How to Move Items from Onedrive to Google Drive – (Any Files / Images / Docs)
If you search for the solutions to transfer data from OneDrive to Google Drive on the internet, then you will get two common solutions i.e. manual downloading and uploading. Although these methods work for the migration but, it has certain limitations that make users to switch to some third-party tools. In this blog, we have covered both the solutions that would be helpful to move items from OneDrive to Google Drive. Users can select the best by considering both pros & cons of each method.
Reasons to Transfer Data from Onedrive to Google Drive
Now, these are common reasons due to which people do this migration. It includes:
- Lack of encryption in OneDrive
- Uploading of limited file size in OneDrive
- Free storage space in OneDrive is less as compared to Google Drive
- Google Drive offers discounts for annual subscriptions
“Is there an easy way to move 1 TB of data from OneDrive to G Drive. I just don’t want to download them to a local disc and then uploading them to Google Drive this is a very time-consuming process. Please suggest any quick solution.”
Different Approaches to Move Items from OneDrive to Google Drive
There are two ways for performing OneDrive data migration to Google Drive it includes:
- Manual Method
- Automated Method
1- Download & Upload – Manual Solution
- Login to OneDrive account by entering the Microsoft credentials
- Now, select the items & click the Download button
- Login to Google Drive account by providing the credentials
- Click on My Drive & Choose Upload Files option
Note: Extract the downloaded files before uploading them to Google Drive.
Manual Method Limitations
- Not suitable for the huge amount of data
- Time-consuming & lengthy
- No date filter option
- Requires High-Speed Internet
- Chances of File corruption
- Does not create any report
2- Use Tool to Move OneDrive Items to Google Drive
For avoiding limitations and complexities of the above described manual methods, users opt for third-party software like SysTools OneDrive to Google Drive Migrator. With this versatile software, we can efficiently migrate data from OneDrive to Google Drive of single or multiple users. Moreover, this utility endowed with many advantageous features making it unique among others. These features are given below:
- Migrate all or selective data from OneDrive to G Drive account
- Set priority option is given for migration order
- Provides Delta Migration feature to move new or modified items
- Allows selective users migration between OneDrive & G Drive
- Creates Summary and detailed report after the completion of the migration process
- Provides Date Filter to move items of particular date range
- Fetch users or Import users are the options to add users
Why to Choose this Software?
Migrate Other Data As Well: With this software, along with OneDrive data users can also migrate other items. It includes emails, calendars, and contacts. As per the requirement, users can select any for the migration.
Keeps Folder Hierarchy Intact: When the software move items from OneDrive to Google Drive it maintains the folder hierarchy. All the folders, subfolders’ structure remains the same. Also, there is no file formatting issues done by the software.
24*7 Support is Available: The support team is available 24*7 for providing solutions to users’ problems. They help all those users who are difficulty in tool setup & project creation for the migration process.
No Limitation on the Migrated Items: Users don’t worry about the size and number of the migrated data. This software efficiently transfer OneDrive Data to Google Drive without any limitation.
How to Move Things from OneDrive to Google Drive
Follow these quick steps to migrate OneDrive Data items to Google Drive:
- Launch the tool & select the Source as Office 365 and Destination as G Suite
- Choose Category as Documents to move items from OneDrive to Google Drive
- Enter the admin credentials for source account (O365)
- Enter the admin credentials for destination account (G Suite)
- Select “Fetch User” or “Import CSV” option to provide O365 & G Suite user & click validate
- After the validation hit the Start Migration button to begin the process
- Users can view the live migration process through the dashboard of the software
- After the completion of the migration process click on the Download Report option
Finally, open the Google Drive account and check all the migrated data items
In this blog, we have talked about two different approaches to move items from OneDrive to Google Drive. One is the manual method, which is free but has certain limitations. While another one is more of an expert solution that can be used for the seamless migration of OneDrive data to Google Drive.